7x57 Wiebe Progress Photos

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971019521/m/3381094031

11 March 2011, 18:54
Chuck Nelson
7x57 Wiebe Progress Photos
quote:
Originally posted by jawheeler:
The gun shoots very good. Out of 5 different factory loads it shoots Norma 150gr SP to 3/8" at 100yds. The worst group was 1 1/4" with RWS 162gr. I have only just started to experiment with handloads but the groups are 5/8" to 3/4" with 140gr Nosler Partitions.

Certainly not benchrest performance but pretty darn good with off the shelf ammmo. Thats why I chose the McGowen barrel. Every one that I have owned has been accurate and the staff has gone out of their way to accomidate my requests.

Nothing wrong with that.
18 March 2011, 07:05
k-9 krippler
Great work! The ebony forend, and flat top checkering is very classy.
19 March 2011, 08:07
afro408
Great looking rifle there.
Very tasteful engraving on it.
20 March 2011, 08:32
friarmeier
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe:
quote:
Originally posted by Westpac:
By the looks of that Schnabel, if you find you can't make it as a gunbuilder, you probably have a future as a Mohel. Big Grin

I'm Lutheran..we keep everything intact..

Duane, as a Lutheran pastor, if I ever take a sabbatical, can I come and apprentice under you? Big Grin

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.
23 March 2011, 05:52
Duane Wiebe
quote:
Originally posted by friarmeier:
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe:
quote:
Originally posted by Westpac:
By the looks of that Schnabel, if you find you can't make it as a gunbuilder, you probably have a future as a Mohel. Big Grin

I'm Lutheran..we keep everything intact..

Duane, as a Lutheran pastor, if I ever take a sabbatical, can I come and apprentice under you? Big Grin

friar

Well.....Are you Missouri Synod...???
23 March 2011, 07:13
dempsey
Thanks for posting the photo's, very classy. The bottom metal pics went straight to my collection. I'm using the round bottom on my current project and going real slow. I think Duane nailed it pretty good. I like this approach better than the scholarship rifle.