New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tom Turpin passes
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Read on another forum that Tom Turpin lassed away. RIP.

Posts: 1641 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What forum? And Yes, may he rest in peace and may perpetual light shine upon him.

KJK

Posts: 677 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 December 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Always a man of good humor, a very kind man. He will be missed

Posts: 3453 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RIP Sir. My condolences to his family and friends.

I conversed some with him over the years, and have some of his books. Always liked his custom guns photos. He lived in an era and area also with a lot of great custom gunmakers, engravers, etc. His local area of Tucson David Miller, Curt Crum and Lynton McKenzie to name a few.

DRSS

Posts: 1905 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
That is a shame. I always enjoyed visiting Tom and David Miller when in Arizona

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4194 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kolo-Pan:
Sorry, couldn't really tell you. Spent about 3 hours this morning on the computer catching up on different forums and groups I am involved in, and frequent. I read this forum last and posted it at that time.

Posts: 1641 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Several times he invited me to stop by on my way to Sonora. Said me would take me to eat at the "worlds best Mexican restaurant". Regret that I never took the time. RIP.

Posts: 722 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
His books on custom guns helped keep me involved with messing around with customs for quite awhile.The great photos of blue steel and figured walnut made in the classic style just seemed right somehow. Once again we are diminished.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tom was a great spokes-person for Custom Gunmaking through his numerous magazine articles and several books. He published dozens of my photos and I was always happy to see them in print.
As Duane said, Tom was most always in good cheer and it was a pleasure to run into him at the many shows we both attended. Rest in peace T-Squared.

ACGG Life Member, since 1985

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
May his memory be eternal. Loved his books.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RIP Tom,
I'm glad I got to know him, a nice guy that was giving of his time.

Posts: 548 | Location: n.e.Mn | Registered: 14 October 2006Reply With Quote