The Accurate Reloading Forums
Tom Turpin passes

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971019521/m/1981099672

20 January 2024, 00:03
congomike
Tom Turpin passes
Read on another forum that Tom Turpin lassed away. RIP.
20 January 2024, 00:21
Kolo-Pan
What forum? And Yes, may he rest in peace and may perpetual light shine upon him.

KJK
20 January 2024, 00:33
Duane Wiebe (CG&R)
Always a man of good humor, a very kind man. He will be missed
20 January 2024, 00:44
Rockdoc
RIP Sir. My condolences to his family and friends.

I conversed some with him over the years, and have some of his books. Always liked his custom guns photos. He lived in an era and area also with a lot of great custom gunmakers, engravers, etc. His local area of Tucson David Miller, Curt Crum and Lynton McKenzie to name a few.

DRSS
20 January 2024, 02:29
458Win
That is a shame. I always enjoyed visiting Tom and David Miller when in Arizona

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com
20 January 2024, 05:36
congomike
Kolo-Pan:
Sorry, couldn't really tell you. Spent about 3 hours this morning on the computer catching up on different forums and groups I am involved in, and frequent. I read this forum last and posted it at that time.
20 January 2024, 06:16
squeezenhope
Several times he invited me to stop by on my way to Sonora. Said me would take me to eat at the "worlds best Mexican restaurant". Regret that I never took the time. RIP.
21 January 2024, 06:11
307RIFLE
His books on custom guns helped keep me involved with messing around with customs for quite awhile.The great photos of blue steel and figured walnut made in the classic style just seemed right somehow. Once again we are diminished.
22 January 2024, 05:31
SDH
Tom was a great spokes-person for Custom Gunmaking through his numerous magazine articles and several books. He published dozens of my photos and I was always happy to see them in print.
As Duane said, Tom was most always in good cheer and it was a pleasure to run into him at the many shows we both attended. Rest in peace T-Squared.

ACGG Life Member, since 1985
22 January 2024, 22:12
mlfguns
May his memory be eternal. Loved his books.
23 January 2024, 14:45
handwerk
RIP Tom,
I'm glad I got to know him, a nice guy that was giving of his time.