THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    FOUND!: Enthusiastic Stockmaking Student!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FOUND!: Enthusiastic Stockmaking Student!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've had a cancelation for the Stock Making Seminar Sept. 2-6, 2019. If one of you can see this as a great opportunity, which it certainly is, I'm looking for a motivated student.The class will have just 4 students so the instruction will be focused. The Seminar is held in my workshop in Livingston, MT. Tuition is $1650 for five days approx. 50 hours. I'm open as far as your project, you can learn inletting, or shaping from a semi, or from a blank. Most guys like M-70s or Mauser's but a single shot or some double shot guns are possible. Get in touch with me via my web site: sdh@finegunmaking.com or call me. These cancellation don't come up very often and the alternative is waiting until next year~~~ Thanks, SDH

ACGG Life Member, since 1985

Posts: 1791 | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This stock arrived for class as a square blank with the metalwork inlett and installed. John shaped the stock from the blank in 5 days in class using hand tool and a band saw. Got it ready to sand. He installed ebony tip, recoil pad, finished and checkered it at home.

Wouldn't you like to do the same, or complete a stalled project??!?!

It is a pre-64 M-70 with a stainless barrel chambered for 6.5-06. The cheekpiece resembles G&H. His first from a blank, John wishes he had used a finer piece of walnut!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still looking and can discount the tuition by the amount of deposit forfeited. Serious inquiry only, Please... This could be a tremendous opportunity for someone ready to rise to the next level of Professional Stockmaking~~

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm delighted to report that Wayne Jacobson of American Hunting Rifles will be joining us at the 2019 Stockmaking Seminar. Wayne is a fellow Montanan and an enthusiastic professional. I'm sure that we will both benefit from his attendance!
Thanks Wayne~~