The Accurate Reloading Forums
FOUND!: Enthusiastic Stockmaking Student!

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971019521/m/1951027252

04 July 2019, 03:19
SDH
FOUND!: Enthusiastic Stockmaking Student!
I've had a cancelation for the Stock Making Seminar Sept. 2-6, 2019. If one of you can see this as a great opportunity, which it certainly is, I'm looking for a motivated student.The class will have just 4 students so the instruction will be focused. The Seminar is held in my workshop in Livingston, MT. Tuition is $1650 for five days approx. 50 hours. I'm open as far as your project, you can learn inletting, or shaping from a semi, or from a blank. Most guys like M-70s or Mauser's but a single shot or some double shot guns are possible. Get in touch with me via my web site: sdh@finegunmaking.com or call me. These cancellation don't come up very often and the alternative is waiting until next year~~~ Thanks, SDH

ACGG Life Member, since 1985
04 July 2019, 03:40
SDH
This stock arrived for class as a square blank with the metalwork inlett and installed. John shaped the stock from the blank in 5 days in class using hand tool and a band saw. Got it ready to sand. He installed ebony tip, recoil pad, finished and checkered it at home.

Wouldn't you like to do the same, or complete a stalled project??!?!

It is a pre-64 M-70 with a stainless barrel chambered for 6.5-06. The cheekpiece resembles G&H. His first from a blank, John wishes he had used a finer piece of walnut!

07 July 2019, 09:55
SDH
Still looking and can discount the tuition by the amount of deposit forfeited. Serious inquiry only, Please... This could be a tremendous opportunity for someone ready to rise to the next level of Professional Stockmaking~~

14 July 2019, 04:55
SDH
I'm delighted to report that Wayne Jacobson of American Hunting Rifles will be joining us at the 2019 Stockmaking Seminar. Wayne is a fellow Montanan and an enthusiastic professional. I'm sure that we will both benefit from his attendance!
Thanks Wayne~~