New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats it worth?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Rifle is either a 375 H&H or 375 Wby built on a Bruno action with a Kreiger barrel. Blued matt finish and 3 leaf rear sight. QR bases of some type installed on the action. Condition looks to be at least 95%. Stock is a nice, fairly straight grained piece of walnut. Not much figure but it doesnt look like a off the shelf piece of wood either. Decent checkering and fit and finish are nice. Looks like it may have a deeper belly and hold 4 or 5 down.
Doubt it was made by a well known custom maker. Will say what the owner wants for it after seeing some price checks.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6611 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very limited information. If in pretty nice condition visually and mechanically it is worth at least $1,000.00.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1597 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
worth? or great deal? I'm not a big buyer like the guys here, but because I go over the build process and such in my head all the time and watch thing that do sell I'll put my thinking on here.

price on components
barrel 300
is that metal custom? what's that? 300+?
sight 120-150+
action? which one is it? I don't know the brno's but gotta be 300-500 right?

components alone are over 1k. I'd expect no less than 1500 (less if it's a weatherby of course, ugly ass cartridges). then again, I got my win safari express for 650 Smiler

what's he asking?

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Asking price is $1,700.
Thanks guys. I know nothing about Bruno actions. Initially was thinking this rifle was a steal but not so sure now. Was thinking long term down the road as a big bore for my right handed son.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6611 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
For $1,700 you could buy a new CZ and have AHR work some of their magic on it or buy a Ruger RSM.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2307 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i would think that 1500 would be about what it would sell for. the brno and cz are the same thing, so what you are getting is a top grade barrel, better stock and workmanship. without seeing its hard to really price out, but if the workmanship is top shelf, that would add $$ to the pricetag and desirability really quick

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is this the action that morphed into the 602BBK/CZ550? If so, $1200-1500 IMHO. The 375 Wby is an improved H&H, and dies are available.
Maker name is all important if it was done by a known name.

Shoot it is the main thing to me, does it feed 100% and how accurate is it?

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brno action? Which Brno? Military, commercial? Did the present owner have the rifle built? If not, you have no way of knowing whether it's REALLY a Krieger bbl. Maker's name? Performance?

LOTS of unknowns and assumptions here!
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
you can get a lefty CZ for less ..

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38515 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are Bruno benchrest actions that sell for over $1,000 dollars new and there are Brno Mauser actions that are Mil. surplus. Which do you have?

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 829 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didn't know Bruno made big actions; I knew they made target type stuff. I assumed it was a Brno magnum action. A pic would be nice. If it is a Krieger barrel it is a dandy no matter which action.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1597 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Even though that Kreiger is WAY tempting, in the price range discussed, pass. Get a CZ, and send it to AHR. That way, NO EXCUSES.

Posts: 490 | Location: middle tennessee | Registered: 11 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agreed, to much money for not enough rifle.
Thanks