New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yukon Moose - What outfitter?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm looking for a big Yukon moose for three hunters in the 2020 or 2021 season. Personal experience recommendations appreciated.

Posts: 135 | Location: Canton, Ga. USA | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent on who to avoid.

Posts: 10146 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Noted. Thx

Posts: 135 | Location: Canton, Ga. USA | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
Deuling Stone

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i will check carefully before going with the recommendations given by TJ.

last year some issues occured along the north canol road area and the ross river dena council.

you do not want to be taken in that ...

Posts: 1730 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medved:

last year some issues occured along the north canol road area and the ross river dena council.

Talked with him Saturday and all is good. Jarrett has a huge area and doesn't hunt the road and continues to kill big bulls but yes due diligence is important whenever booking a hunt! You won't find a harder working more honest outfitter! Rather than the cryptic messages why not post up some real information if you have it? Otherwise why post it?
Big Grin

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sheephunterab:
quote:

Talked with him Saturday and all is good. Jarrett has a huge area and doesn't hunt the road and continues to kill big bulls but yes due diligence is important whenever booking a hunt! You won't find a harder working more honest outfitter! Rather than the cryptic messages why not post up some real information if you have it? Otherwise why post it?
Big Grin

it is not hunting from the road but the access. but seems not living there you know more than us ... like the all good outfitters in the yukon.
jarett is maybe a good outfitter but the access on his area may the problem ...

cryptic info:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada...na-council-1.4721409

Posts: 1730 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
www.yukonsheep.com

Tim Mervyn is top shelf as is his area. I have hunted with them three times and they are good people.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has anyone hunted with jim shockeys outfit? I don’t know the man but I believe he’d be a good man to share a camp with.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted the Yukon 5 times. All great experiences. If I were not doing a mixed bag hunt in the Yukon and strictly focusing on a trophy bull moose I would really do my home work. In my experience I would go again to the Mackenzie Mountains in the NWT and book a hunt on the Mackenzie river and start a 10 day hunt on September 20th.

Posts: 670 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shot a huge moose in the Yukon with Teslin River Outfitters, which is now Yukon Big Game Outfitters.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stan Stevens, Mackenzie Mountain Outfitters

Had a great hunt with the this past fall and shot a huge moose and nice bou. Awesome people

Mike

Posts: 51 | Location: Bay Area, California | Registered: 17 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buzz4me2:
Stan Stevens, Mackenzie Mountain Outfitters

Had a great hunt with the this past fall and shot a huge moose and nice bou. Awesome people

Didn’t he sell his outfit ?

Posts: 11954 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ryry4
posted Hide Post
Stan Simpson sold out.

Posts: 171 | Location: Alberta, Canukistan. | Registered: 08 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got it. Names are close.

Posts: 11954 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with Ceaser Lake outfitters several times. Not for moose, but saw many moose while hunting sheep and caribou and goats. They are honest and experienced and have a good reputation. And their hunting territory is wonderful country.

Posts: 233 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 24 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK, I'll bite. Why no mention of Shockey?

Posts: 1337 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A second for Mc Kenzie Mtn Outfitters. Outstanding!

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Crane,
Connect the dots.

Jim

Posts: 383 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada | Registered: 25 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, not seeing any dots. A prominent outfitter and big SCI personality not mentioned. We seem to have no problem on this site praising or damning as the contributor sees fit. So is it overshot, under guided, conflicts with film crews, or what?

Posts: 1337 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A.J. Hydell:
quote:
Yukon Moose - What Outfitter?

What outfitter? Good gawd, man, think it through.

Try for one that knows his business, ... will lead you to a trophy-class moose, ... and won't rip the wallet off your ass while doing so. Whistling

He did just that, he asked for advice.

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Can't go wrong with Yukonstone Outfitters

Posts: 12 | Location: canada | Registered: 26 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Shockey's outfit in 2013. Had a great time and harvested a nice moose. My hunt was at one of his river based camps.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longwalker:
I have hunted with Ceaser Lake outfitters several times. Not for moose, but saw many moose while hunting sheep and caribou and goats. They are honest and experienced and have a good reputation. And their hunting territory is wonderful country.

Has anybody hunted lately with Ceaser Lake Outfitters for Moose ?

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dustin Roe bought that area about 2-3 years ago. I'm sure he runs a good moose hunt but I noticed his sheep hunts went way, way up.

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scott f.:
Dustin Roe bought that area about 2-3 years ago. I'm sure he runs a good moose hunt but I noticed his sheep hunts went way, way up.

No kidding...sheep 48K, moose 33-35K, caribou 27K, grizzly 35K. Sure glad I got/get to hunt a lot of the species here as a resident, because all those rates changed to Canadian dollars are way beyond my pay grade. That said, rates tend to be what the market allows for and apparently there are lots of guys with deep pockets.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1809 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skyline:
quote:

No kidding...sheep 48K, moose 33-35K, caribou 27K, grizzly 35K. Sure glad I got/get to hunt a lot of the species here as a resident, because all those rates changed to Canadian dollars are way beyond my pay grade. That said, rates tend to be what the market allows for and apparently there are lots of guys with deep pockets.

the price are getting insane due to fuel cost of course but also the demand and if you put a price and someone is willing to pay but i doubt in those days those outfitters are fully booked ... but there ones still trying to sell a fannin sheep for a stone so go figure.. i doubt this last fall (yes we re in winter since this morning lol) outfitters got a huge success rate on moose hunting ...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

the price are getting insane due to fuel cost of course but also the demand and if you put a price and someone is willing to pay but i doubt in those days those outfitters are fully booked ... but there ones still trying to sell a fannin sheep for a stone so go figure.. i doubt this last fall (yes we re in winter since this morning lol) outfitters got a huge success rate on moose hunting ...

The best Yukon Outfitters are booked 2-3years ahead. Prices are crazy. But US clients are willing to afford this.

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mboga biga bwana:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The best Yukon Outfitters are booked 2-3years ahead. Prices are crazy. But US clients are willing to afford this.

i do not know how you know that the best outfitters are booked 2-3 years in advance for all they can offer ... no doubt for sheep in most areas the rest i d like to know ... but how i can know that lol not being in the territory and not talking with a lot of guides ... as i said for the last three years sucesss on moose hunting were not great and the us hunters willing to pay huge money did not get a lot of big heads ...