Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FN 57
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone have one of these? What do you like and not like? Thinking about getting one. Thanks

Posts: 8 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
My buddy has one. His frame was replaced once, broke in front of the triggerguard. Front lever broke once.

Reloading the 5.7 is hard to do well.

rich

Posts: 6400 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have about 475 once-fired casings in the classifieds for $75 shipped...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I never shot it but held one once. My impression from that is that the gun is huge and feels like a toy gun.

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
That was the gun used at the Fort Hood shooting. I met the defense lawyers for Hassan by happenstance and talked with them about the case. They knew nothing about the firearm and I thought that was strange. I thought it was plastic toy feeling but it is quite a weapon.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I put 50 rounds through one shot well.

gun and ammo to expensive for me if they were down 30% for the gun and ammo I might think about it.

Posts: 19392 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one (and a PS 90)

It's reasonably accurate, light recoil, and quite high capacity.

I don't know what it would be like with the real ammo (mil/LEO stuff) but with the civilian stuff its a bit anemic. In a rifle, its essentially a .22 Hornet. In the pistol, I don't think it has much self defense application despite the Hassan shootings. It does do a good job on dispatching 10 pound or so varmints (woodchucks and feral cats) but I would be a bit wary of bigger stuff.

The ammo is spendy, and reloading it is limited as its a blow back action which tends to cause short case life.

All in all, its fun but quite impractical.

Posts: 10633 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote