New
Find
Notify
Tools

10mm.....Which one to buy???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Over the holidays I shot a Springfield Arms Omega in 10mm. I really liked the pistol, but I was told it was discontinued quite a few years ago.

I was curious who offers semi-auto pistols in 10mm. I've seen quite a few Glocks, but I don't really like Glocks.

Any advice on other options would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

TBD

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1288 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used to REALY hate Glocks. I carried a Sig 220ST for 7 years before I recently tried the Glock. Make certain it fits your hand! I bought a Glock 20 standard(not SF) and love it. The Gen 4 should be out in January. I want one!

Other mfgs include Colt in the Delta Elite,
AMT-Javelina, and the Bren-ten are the ones that come to mind. I had a Delta and shot it loose in short order.

Whatever you do, get a pistol designed for the 10mm. Don't get one designed for lesser pressure ctgs. No matter what springs or other buffers you add, they will wear out prematurely. Unless you want to shoot nothing but watered down loads, in which case get a 40S&W.

Happy Holidays

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been excessively happy with my Dan Wesson PM7-10mm over the past 3 years or so. Upgraded to a heavier (24#) recoil spring and have digested quite a few full power rounds from Double Tap and Buffalo Bore. Bought it hastily because I couldn't find an RZ10 and my only wish for the PM7-10 is night sites.

Posts: 1427 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
Get a Glock 20.

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would also say Glock wait for a SF model if you have smaller hands.

Personaly I find the standard model 20 grip a bit big.

My freind who is 6'6 says it is just right

Posts: 19390 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you get glock, you might want to just send a glock frame off to lone wolf dist, and get their long barrel and extended slide. Dan in their custom shop does a great trigger job too. I use that and a Colt delta elite that has been carry comped.

Posts: 477 | Location: western arkansas | Registered: 11 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Kimber 10mm's look nice. I have no idea how well they perform.

Posts: 54 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually my Delta has kept up quite well
but I fired less than 50rounds through it before installing a stiffer coaxial spring
and a full lenght guide rod and double buffers to it...

Bit I wouldn't recommend a Delta Elite as a 10mm
for someone who just wants a 10mm.

Used in clean shape the cheapest one I've seen in a long time was $1100

ORiginal condition original box and/or stainless steel all raise that price considerably

Frankly if I were going shoppiing for a 10mm 1911 based pistol I'd search for Kimber's version of it.

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
The last SA Omega 6" 10mm I saw in a shop sold for $1500.

You could order a Fusion 1911 in 6" long slide.

I have a Glock 20, Colt Match10 and a generic 1911 w/Delta slide (20+ years old). I plan to get an after market barrel for the Glock from EFK etc...

These have served me well.

Posts: 6400 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you may have to do a bit of looking but the S&W 1006 or 1076 were made for the 10mm and are still one of the best

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
EAA Witness Elite Match in 10mm. Very happy with mine, very accurate. See this:

http://forums.accuratereloadin...401036821#7401036821
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If not for serious field use and stout hard cast loads any of the above listed 1911's will work. Dan Wesson being my favorite.
Glock will run circles around the rest for serious use at half the price of the rest.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In todays world I think the Glock is the best choice in a 10mm...

But for me I would rather shoot Buffalo Bores 45 ACP +P+, or their 45 Super in a 1911 I put in heavier Springs...

Or just get a 6" barreled 1911 in 460 Rowland, if I had to have near 44 Mag performance in a compact semiautomatic...
As opposed to a 45 Win Mag, LAR Grizzly, or Desert Eagle sized pistol.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
A damn fine weapon....

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/dan-wesson-rz-10/

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote