THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    357 SIG-MAX A logical auto wildcat for hunting

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

357 SIG-MAX A logical auto wildcat for hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted
It is a great thing when you can swap barrels and get a new cart to work in your old gun without magazine or feeding issues. This idea seems to fit the bill of a logical wildcat with hunting potential. the 357 sig has its praisers and detractors and that wont end but this adds some spice to the mix.

Ream out a 357 SIG barrel that will work on a 10mm gun to 10mm auto length (.99" or another .134") Use the 10mm brass to form the longer 357 SIG-MAX. As most of you know the 10mm auto is a long 40 S&W case that is the parent case of the 357 SIG. same rim, casehead and the same shoulder and neck as the SIG.

The goal would be to get the 115 grainers to 1,700 FPS and 738 FPE

If wildcats are not your thing but velocity is just load out the bullet to 10mm OAL for maximum sig velocity.

Any thoughts? there could be a long neck version with the shoulder in the same position but the other options seem more desireable

the sig and 10mm are 3rd and 4th from the left

Regular SIG

Loaded long SIG poorly photoshoped

SIG-MAX poorly photoshoped

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27606 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Hey boom, I would buy one for my Delta. You could probably load them using 357sig dies, much like 38sp/357mag. I can get 1500fps easily from the 357sig in a 5"bbl. 1700fps should be easy in a 10mm case. shocker

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
I just found out today that it is close to the Dillon cart but a SIG-ified version has merit...yes the dies are an important part of the idea. the SIG-MAX would have a shorter neck than the Dillon.

The dillon is getting 90 grains@ 2100 and 115@ 1800...a lot better than I thought! well the load development seems to have been done thanks to Dillon. Dillon rounds could be fireformed in a SIG-MAX chamber since the headspace is on the casemouth.

Posts: 27606 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MLC
posted Hide Post
Factory Ammo is available.

That's a tremendous amount of firepower with 15-17 rounds of 9x25 in a Glock 20.

Posts: 233 | Location: Solebury, PA | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
yes good factory ammo to fireform in the new SIG-MAX Big Grin

The SIG version would be the coolest...just ream out the lone wolf drop in barrel a bit more. then it will be perfected!

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=4822