Tools

Less Expensive HEYM
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Indy:
I'd like to see a 450/400 built on a smaller frame by someone.

It seems now that the 9.3x74 is built on one frame and all others from 450/400 to .500 are built on another much larger one.

This is perhaps one reason why the 9.3x74s are a lot less expensive. It also makes the 450/400s weigh about 11 pounds, which I regard as way too heavy for a rifle of that caliber.

Agreed I want a 9lb 450/400. Mine that I just sold was 10lb 4oz.

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by new_guy:
Good point, Jon.

But BMW also makes the 1, 3, 5, 7 and M series cars at vastly different price-points, with different standard and optional features.

I believe the build quality and brand are what's important to customers.

I'm very interested in hearing more opinions.

tu2

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by new_guy:
Good point, Jon.

But BMW also makes the 1, 3, 5, 7 and M series cars at vastly different price-points, with different standard and optional features.

I believe the build quality and brand are what's important to customers.

I'm very interested in hearing more opinions.

Absolutely! There is value in the quality of fitting by qualified skilled PEOPLE and when the triggers are pulled the double fires only the barrel the trigger is connected to, the bullets hit where the sights are aligned every time! It matters not what the rifle is fitted with or not fitted with if the basic rifle works perfectly.

All else is extra and we all know extras cost extra dollars. If the name engraved of the double rifle can be relied on to operate perfectly every time with what ever features it has from basic to fully dressed, then you are buying value. We all know one brand lately that certainly could not be relied on the hit a billboard sign with both barrels, but was dressed to feign quality, but was lace on a pig! A brand’s reputation depends on how it works long term, without having to deal with fixing something the maker didn’t fix in the beginning.

As Biebs says it is up to you to buy what you want or to live with the basic rifle or to pay for in add-ons. However as long as you buy quality brands it makes little difference whether you buy the no frills, or full dress, you have bought quality.

Smart money is to buy a brand that is quality, from top to bottom and add what you want, or save money and buy the basic rifle. Heym is a quality product, as are many others. Some that are cheaper priced, but simply don’t offer some things that come standard on Heym.

..................................................................... old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the good fortune of owning a Heym. If there is ever a question I have, Chris answers it pronto. Nice to have a person interested in his customer.
I also own a Z4M. Not to fancy, no real techno gizmos. It does have a clutch and 6 speed. About all I need and fun, fun, fun. Sort of like my Harley; drive it by the seat of your pants.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote