THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    searcy 577 nitro finaly for sale.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

searcy 577 nitro finaly for sale.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
finaly after months of waiting for the seller to come back home i finly got ahold of him and the searcy 577 nitro standard grade rifle is for sale.

it has 24" barrels its right handed and has only very minor handling marks it brand new.

i will have pics up asap i have to arrang to meet with the seller to get the rifle in my hands again.

i have seen this rifle a few times and its a looker.in pics.......

price will be around 13,000-14,000. usd.

pm me if intertested.

the rifle is within the usa.....

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
price is 14,000$ obo...

one of us
posted Hide Post
FOR SALE AGAIN

One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
That was quick! Congrats on the purchase.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
for sale again

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
I thought 458 was considering his first double as either a .470 or .500.

458, are you sure about a .577 for your FIRST DR?

I can tell you from first hand experience, my .577 has a lot more recoil than my .500, but the recoil from the .577 is like a VERY BIG, HARD SHOVE compared to the fast wack of the .500.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
quote:
700 nitro: sold pending funds to 458lottfan

clap Congratulations! Good buy too. But better you than me! Wink

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i say shoot what every you want my first double was the 700 nitro my second a 500 nitro

458 could not have made a better buy in 100 years 14k for the 577 searcy standard rifle is a chance in a million.

One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
Congrates, 458LottFan,
I have a 577NE from Butch Searcy also, And can tell you from experiance, The 577NE is one hell of a Round! It was nothing like I thought it would be! I found it manageable, and not as sharp, as far as recoil, as the Merkle in 500NE

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doc and 577
I would like to see ya'll load some of Woodleigh's 650 gr BP bullets in you 577 at Nitro for Black velocities for and pigs for the next DRSS hunt.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 458Lottfan
posted Hide Post
I guess the caliber of my first double is a bit bigger than I originaly planed (.577NE Vs 500 or 470NE). But for the price if I don't like it I figure I can sell it and get some thing else and not be out any cash.
Pluse now I can rub it in to my older brother that my double is bigger than his clap And that is worth alot to me!!! Ha Ha.

I will let you all know how it gose and post some photos once I get it.

Posts: 583 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 08 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
458:

Welcome the the .577 NE DR owners group!

577NitroExpress

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
trust me on this one if i didnt already buy the ryan breeding 505 i would have bought that 577 but it would have been redundant.

One of Us
Picture of 458Lottfan
posted Hide Post
Just so you all know I just notified the owner of the .577 that I will not be purchasing the rifle.

I had a conversation with Mr. Searcy a little while ago and got new info on the rifle.

It is open to who ever is next in line.

If you need info on the gun call Mr. Searcy yourself and get it from him or maybe 700Nitro I do not want to be missquoted or missreprestnt anything.

Thanks

Will Barks

Posts: 583 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 08 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
Tony,
Consider it done! I have quite a few 650BP bullets in stock. I just have to work out the issue that I'm having with my dies!

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tony,
Consider it done! I have quite a few 650BP bullets in stock. I just have to work out the issue that I'm having with my dies!

Doc52

Than what the fuck are you doing wasting time in front of the computer? Get your ass in the back room and "git-r-done..."

577NitroExpress

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it's time for an avatar change, Doc? Whatcha say 'bout that?

577NitroExpress

One of Us
Picture of 470CapstickA2
posted Hide Post
Here's a good avatar for Doc52.. may need to be cropped to get some detail to show though..

NRA Life Memeber
SCI Life Member
Dallas Safari Life Member
DRSS
We Band of Bubbas

Posts: 404 | Location: Washington, DC/Arlington | Registered: 25 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nah, I was thinking something more along these lines:

577NitroExpress

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or maybe this one:

577NitroExpress

one of us
posted Hide Post
its back up for sale......

you can contact the seller directly his number is
814-774-5739
and his name is tom.

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

How did you get my picture?

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7592 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Judge:

How can you desecrate a noble game animal by posing next to it with a (horrors) BOLT rifle? For shame. It's bad enough to shoot them with that geehawed contraption, but when you take the picture lose the thing! Totally tasteless. Big Grin
------------------------------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
That picture was taken in the same century as the one with Teddy. It was before I became a double owner. BTW, it is a .404 Oberndorf so it was only venial, not cardinal sin.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7592 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470CapstickA2
posted Hide Post
Ok, I've been haggling with Tom over this 577, and the pics look good. It's definitely a standard grade gun, has quite a few tiny hunting dings from the looks of it. I know this guy and butch apparently had a huge falling out, so much for factory backing, maybe not, but it's a heck of a gamble to take, when there is a 470 a 500 and a 450/400 all on the market now in the 10k to 11.9k range and they all look like new and some have ammo. Oh well, let's see what happens...

NRA Life Memeber
SCI Life Member
DRSS
We Band of Bubbas

Posts: 404 | Location: Washington, DC/Arlington | Registered: 25 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT ON SEARCY 577

I BOUGHT THIS RIFLE NEW FROM SEARCY AT AN SCI SHOW. IT IS A STANDARD GRADE, WITH EJECTORS, VERY NICE WOOD AND COMES WITH 15 FACTORY SOLIDS. REPLACEMENT COST TODAY IS ABOUT $20,000 IT IS A VERY ACCURATE RIFLE. HAS MINOR SCRATCHES / HANDLING MARKS THAT $200 AND A DECENT STOCKMAN CAN EASILY CLEAN UP.

THERE ARE INNUENDOS THAT SEARCY WILL NOT HONOR HIS WARRANTY ON THIS RIFLE. HE NEVER TOLD ME THAT !

THE ONE -AND ONLY - TIME THE RIFLE WAS WORKED ON WAS WHEN IT DOUBLED IN ZIMBABWE. AN EMAIL TO BUTCH TOLD ME TO TAKE IT TO G I WAPENSCHMIED IN SOUTH AFRICA WHO WAS HIS WARRANTY PLACE IN AFRICA. I WENT THERE, HE ADJUSTED THE TRIGGER PULL ( THEY WERE NICE AND LIGHT BEFORE) AND THE RIFLE IS PERFECT. INCIDENTIALLY, GI WAPENSCHMEID WAS THE COMPANY WHICH WAS BUILDING SEARCY RIFLES FOR HIM.

HAVING SUFFERED 5 ATTACKS OF CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE MY HUNTING DAYS ARE OVER. SO I AM SELLING THE 577 FOR $14,500 AND THE REST OF MY DOUBLE RIFLES.
I AM OFF TO THE MICHIGAN GUNSHOW THIS WEEKEND AND WILL BE BACK LATE SUNDAY NIGHT.

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO POST A PICTURE OF THE RIFLE HERE BUT CAN SEND YOU ONE IF YOU E MAIL ME AT CABLETOOLS@ALLTEL.NET OR CALL ME AT 814 774 5739
IN PENNSYLVANIA. I AM HER MOST ALL WEEKDAYS.

TOMO577

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Tom,
If you will email the pictures of the rifle. I will post them here for you.

rkmojo@aol.com

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just because Tom and I parted ways doesn't mean that I wouldn't take care of his rifle. In fact who ever buys it I'll inspect it for the cost of shipping.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470CapstickA2:
Ok, I've been haggling with Tom over this 577, and the pics look good. It's definitely a standard grade gun, has quite a few tiny hunting dings from the looks of it. I know this guy and butch apparently had a huge falling out, so much for factory backing, maybe not, but it's a heck of a gamble to take, when there is a 470 a 500 and a 450/400 all on the market now in the 10k to 11.9k range and they all look like new and some have ammo. Oh well, let's see what happens...

Good luck! If Shannon and I were not in the process of buying a new house you and I would probably be engaged in a bidding war!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tommo577
Where is the MI Gun Show @ Tom .. I'd be will'in to see those rifles of Yours..What booth..
AK

Posts: 16798 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 21 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok, I've been haggling with Tom over this 577, and the pics look good....... Oh well, let's see what happens...

Al, if you get that twice barreled cannon, I will help you shoot it. clap jumping I enjoyed shooting Doc52's, last month. What a ride. BOOM

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Judge G,

is that one of the forest/pigmy/whatever Buffalo?
I have a chance to hunt them in May and Roan Antelope, but have been holding out for a Cape version.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470CapstickA2
posted Hide Post

Lhook7, I would never engage in a bidding war with a friend.... I place my buddies above any material item... hammering

NRA Life Memeber
SCI Life Member
DRSS
We Band of Bubbas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lhook7, I would never engage in a bidding war with a friend.... I place my buddies above any material item... hammering

Does that mean I can hunt out of your blind this season? jumping

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470CapstickA2
posted Hide Post
Sure.... I'll probably only get to hunt twice this year...

NRA Life Memeber
SCI Life Member
DRSS
We Band of Bubbas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
for AKRANGE
THE MICHIGAN GUNSHOW IS IN NOVI MICHIGAN NORTHWEST OF DETROIT. IT IS AT THE " ROCK FINANCIAL SHOWPLACE" ON GRAND RIVER BLVD.

IF YOU ARE COMING PLS CALL MY CELL PHONE 216 832 7995 TILL 11 TONIGHT OR IN THE MORNING SO I AM SURE TO STICK AROUND !!!

WE ARE AT THE VERY LAST ROW OF TABLES - HAVE 3 TABLES ALL ALONE.

IF YOU COME YOU'LL SEE SEVERAL DOUBLE RIFLES THE 577, A 303 WESTLEY RICHARDS DROPLOCK, H&H ROYAL 7 X 65R, MERKEL 470, L. CHRISTOPHE 425 FLANGED SLE, SPRINGER 450 BPE HAMMER DOUBLE, PAUL JAEGER 45-70 W EXTRA 20 GA BBLS.

PLS DO CALL IF YOU ARE COMING, TOM

TOMO577

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NOTE FOR BUTCH SEARCY

THANK YOU FOR CLEARING THE AIR ABOUT WARRANTY ON MY 577. I DO MEAN IT !

IT PAINS ME TO HAVE TO SELL IT, IT IS A GOOD RIFLE, AND IT SERVED ME WELL ON MY BUFFALO HUNT.

BUT DUE TO MY HEALTH PROBLEMS I'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO USE IT AGAIN. I HAVE NO WIND TO BE ABLE TO STALK AT ALL, AND I CAN HARDLY GET AROUND ANYMORE.

THANKS AGAIN BUTCH, TOM ONDRUS, TOMO577

TOMO577

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tom, I wish you well on your health issues even though I have never met you. Butch, you are a stand up business man and friend to those in our sport for backing what you build.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AKRANGE

NOVI MICH GUNSHOW - CALL TOM'S CELL PHONE AT
216 832 7995 IF COMING TODAY

NOVI IS NORTHWESTERN DETROIT SUBURB

TOMO577

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Here are the pictures that Tom sent me to post on this thread.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote