THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    450 3 1/4" Black Powder Rifle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

450 3 1/4" Black Powder Rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just picked up a German made, hammer, double rifle in 450 3 1/4", it does not appear to be nitro proofed so it looks like I will be playing with black powder. I could use some help in pointing me to some suitable loading data. Thanks

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1327 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
Look in Graeme Wright's book "Shooting the British Double Rifle"...also, you can use data for the 45/120 and XMR5700 (a smokeless , low pressure powder.)

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, will start looking for the book today

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The book will give you a great place to start for that round. The nice thing is that they have low pressure smokeless loads listed as well. The pressure for a lot of them is less than BP.

Will you be bringing any other DR's in for auction? I ask because I wath your auctions looking for a nice German sxs in my price range. I'd be nice to see a few DR's as well.

BB

Posts: 79 | Location: S.C. Pa | Registered: 20 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I get very few DR's and then I have a serious problem keeping myself from bonding with them.
I am working on trying to get some more modern DR guns, will know more in a month or so.
I have lots of German SXS Shotguns right now that I do not have time to get up, email me with your phone number and what you are looking for as I might have it now.
ken at kebcollc.com

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC