The Accurate Reloading Forums
450 3 1/4" Black Powder Rifle

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/760101804/m/765109924

20 February 2006, 07:05
Kebco
450 3 1/4" Black Powder Rifle
Just picked up a German made, hammer, double rifle in 450 3 1/4", it does not appear to be nitro proofed so it looks like I will be playing with black powder. I could use some help in pointing me to some suitable loading data. Thanks

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC
20 February 2006, 08:15
ACRecurve
Look in Graeme Wright's book "Shooting the British Double Rifle"...also, you can use data for the 45/120 and XMR5700 (a smokeless , low pressure powder.)

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

20 February 2006, 15:33
Kebco
Thanks, will start looking for the book today

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC
20 February 2006, 19:21
banzaibird
The book will give you a great place to start for that round. The nice thing is that they have low pressure smokeless loads listed as well. The pressure for a lot of them is less than BP.

Will you be bringing any other DR's in for auction? I ask because I wath your auctions looking for a nice German sxs in my price range. I'd be nice to see a few DR's as well.

BB
20 February 2006, 20:28
Kebco
I get very few DR's and then I have a serious problem keeping myself from bonding with them.
I am working on trying to get some more modern DR guns, will know more in a month or so.
I have lots of German SXS Shotguns right now that I do not have time to get up, email me with your phone number and what you are looking for as I might have it now.
ken at kebcollc.com

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC