THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    will anyone make the sxs slug gun?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

will anyone make the sxs slug gun?
 Login/Join

posted
I was just thinking if any other companies make a full rifled sxs slug gun?CSMC did a fine job, now who next?

Posts: 20 | Location: new castle,de. | Registered: 29 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Italian Renato, will make you one, on order that is but still.

Good rifles they are.

Best regards Chris

One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Since I must use slugs in Ohio for deer, I asked Butch Searcy if he could make a slug barrel set for my 470NE. He said sure, but it has been a while and I don't remember the price.

But there you have it - now you may have a fine DR and also the matched set of slug barrels!

RC

Repeal the Hughes Amendment.

Posts: 1147 | Location: Ohio USA | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you read the thread on the CSMC SxS 20ga rifled slug guns, you will see that one member posts about Siace making rifled slug guns too.

As Peter shows, there are vintage alternatives, with a few 12ga rifles not being too heavy, and fewer yet 16ga rifles. At 7lbs 10oz, Peter's rifle is a sweet alternative!

Then there are the ultimate imo, which are the Parodox from H&H and their kin, like the Fuanetta from WR, which are ball and shot guns, offering both worlds and unbeatable versatility. But they are hard to find in good condition at what I would pay for one - at least so far (keep in mind that I'm a lefty and this causes the pool of potentially suitable guns, where the stock could be bent to fit, etc, to shrink remarkably.)

FWIW, I ordered a CSMC slug gun. Not too much money, And I like the idea of the very good sabot loads and the adjustable regulation for this application. But I'd be happy as hell with a Fuanetta and some reloads too.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chapuis will make up a sxs slug gun on request. However it is pretty expensive when you get it here. I had one and sold it to a gentleman from Pennsylvania. He seemed quite pleased with it. But...It did not have rifled barrels. I had used Sauvestre finned sabot ammo. in 3" mag. in Africa on quite a few animals. I would like to have another "poor man's double i.e. 12 3" Mag, side by side, rifle sights, cheek piece. I do not know where to look for info on the guns you are posting about. Can you give me a website?

Posts: 72 | Location: Houston Texas USA | Registered: 24 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to the thread regarding the new Connecticutt Shotgun Manufacturing 20ga SxS with rifled barrels and proprietary regulation adjustment. One of our mebers kindly posted phots of the brochure which was available at the DSC. ~$4k for a basic model, which only wants a scope and mount. An extra $500 for the scope and mounts.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...0101804/m/8311080101

Last I looked it wasn't on their website yet, but I just received a magazine, can't recall which, which had an add for it that was the same as the brochure. So they may have updated their website by now. They are taking orders now. I ordered one and was told that prepayed = 3-4mos delivery. I bet it takes longer, but the woman who answered the phone said they're already making the parts for them.

A Google search under their name will provide their web address.

Siace is also reported to be making SxS rifled slug guns, in 12ga. You can find their address by Google search too, or look for a dealer's. Dewings in Palm Beach Fla. is a Siace importer.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.connecticutshotgun.com/rblpro.html

The new dream gun for those hunt in a shotgun only state.

Posts: 1288 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Verney-Carron (the same people who make the fully rifles shotgun barrels for Hastings) will make a set on request. I have for myself a sxs 450-400 with a extra set of 12ga fully rifled barrels on its way. www.verney-carron.us

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1327 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Chapuis 20 ga slug gun NIB for sale. Regulated for Brennekes. Smooth bored with screw chokes, in case you want to use it for turkeys (or in a pinch, on birds when your big game hunt is over).

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2928 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fabarm do a sxs 12 with optional screw in rifled chokes. So you would get, exactly, a modern "paradox" gun.

http://www.fabarm.com/

It is a frustrating web page! Silly bloody music from a mad pianist too. Click on the TOP "Products Line" to see what they make.

Look for the "Classis 12". A screw in rifled choke is available.

Posts: 6815 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote