THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Shop will be closed for the next 2 to 3 weeks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shop will be closed for the next 2 to 3 weeks
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just a note so people don't panic. I'm having back surgery this Friday. Dr. says I should be up and going in 2 to 3 weeks.
Butch Searcy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch, heal up well and quickly!

Posts: 20119 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up Butch....

Get plenty of rest, and here's to a speedy recovery beer

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We'll be thinking about you. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been there done that twice ...
Best of luck

Posts: 1615 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Hang in there Butch, old dogs are hard to put down for good! We'll all be pulling for you!

Get well!
.................................................................... patriot

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Good luck with the surgery Butch. I know the back has plagued you for some time, good to see that you may finally be getting some relief.

Mike

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Prayers for a speedy and complete recovery!

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Take care Butch, and have a speedy recovery.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey man you have to heal up quick it's softball season. Those kids are going to be looking for you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch, get well soon and best of luck.

Posts: 10090 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get well soon.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Good luck Butch, I'm hoping that everything goes perfectly for you.

I am going to visit you again. I know that I keep saying that but honestly I am. I'll wait until you get back on your feet though.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12573 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
My very best to you, my friend! We'll talk soon. Get yourself well. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
You are in my thoughts and prayers Butch - I hope this fixes your back once and for all!

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch, I had L5-S1 fused over two years ago. It went well, but believe me, do as you DR tells you, DO NOT rush things, and you will be fine.

Pro Deo et Pro Patria
DRSS-St. Petersburg,FL chapter
NRA-Lifer

Posts: 45 | Location: Florida | Registered: 12 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Hope you have a speedy and complete recovery!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck Butch.

Posts: 373 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 13 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
Take it easy post-op Butch.
Many patients feel too good too soon so dial it back for a while. Key to a good recovery.

Posts: 3240 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Butch briefly this afternoon. He came through surgery well, and he is recovering at home. He said he has some pain from the surgical procedure, but the previous pain in in legs is gone. He said his doctor is very optimistic about his complete recovery. It will be a couple of weeks at least until Butch is fully back in battery.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great news. I haven't heard from him yet and didn't want to call and bother him.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update. Good news!

One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Butch this morning, and he is recovering nicely. The pain he previously had in his thighs and legs is gone, and he feels much better. He wishes he had undergone the surgery years ago. All he needs now is time to heal from the incision etc.

One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Excellent news!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Wonderful!

Thanks for letting us know!

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear he is doing well.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great news!

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Great news! Glad you are better, Butch!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Sorry Butch, I didn't see this thread. As a fellow who has had 5 back surgeries to repair damage from excessive "G" forces, I "feel your pain" brother! I hope all went well and they got you fixed up properly this first time out! Take it easy, follow the Doc's instructions, but DO take the physical rehab very seriously. It will help you tremendously.

Get well soon Pardner!

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Great news! Glad you are better, Butch!

+1

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Here is to a speedy recovery. Heal well

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38563 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update Admiral, now if we could get Butch to use a laptop from his recovery bed he could contribute here more. You know he's laying there bored out of his mind watching the idiot box.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12573 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what Fjold said, plus one!

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote