THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Place in Ohio to bust miss piggy with a DR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Place in Ohio to bust miss piggy with a DR
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted
Hello all,

I am looking for a place to go hunt some pigs this October when my brother in law visits from South Africa.
Any suggestions in the Ohio area ?
Preferrably with actual first hand experience.

Thanks

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
nitro450exp:

See the thread that is stuck to the top of this forum titled "Double Rifle Shoot."

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/760101804/m/344101167

We did a hunt in Latham, Ohio this past February.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
nitro450exp,

www.ddranch.com is a place I have been to before to get a pig for a "wild game dinner".

Talk to Dannie.

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I would think there would be some good areas in Ohio. I know many years ago my son and I along with several of our Archery club members went on a bowhunt in Southeast Ohio for 'russian' boar on a private game ranch. They also had some nice sheep also, mouflan maybe but some exotic. One of our party did take a BIG boar and it was a good hunt enjoyed by all. It was a nicely set up facility and I would think something like that would still exist there. Good luck in any case.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There a roughly 4 decent places to hunt pig in Ohio unless you have an in to private proprty. The Double D is small to medium sized but is deceiving because there is so much up and down trails. Danny puts on a good place and I know many who like it there. I would like it better if the property were larger but it isnt bad for a weekend getaway. Danny usually has something on special and almost always has big hogs.Note to all: the Ohio DNR is trying to outlaw all hogs boars ferals javelina ownership in Ohio even on private preserves. All of you who like to hog hunt need to contact your appropriate beurocrats to voice your displeasure. It is another bid to get rid of boar hunting in Ohio in the guise of public saffety. BS All the animals are tested and not once in 25 years of this has there been an actuall case. Nuff said time to get down off my soapbox. You can contact Danny and Anita Carte as follows:

email dannie@ddranch.com

phone 740-596-7441

Also google them at double D Ranch.com LInk will start out "Nestled in th heart of Ohio

These guys are a lot of fun for a 3 or 4 day getaway and some serious hog blasting. Yes it is a high fence facility but the animals have ample channce to get away. I went into a camp by myself and didnt know anyone but we were all fast friends wiwthin a day. Everyone had a good time

Danny loves to hunt africa so maybe you guys can work out a trade.

Mike

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Hello all,

Thanks for the info to date, I will do some surfing and make some calls.

Thanks

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote