Find
Notify
Tools

VC PROGRESS REPORT
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted
I just received these from Ken today. It looks like my rifle is tracking very well. and I love the straight wood grain. Enjoy gents. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks good!
When did he say it would be finished? I ordered mine in October and am still waiting.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
No specific date specified. Ken said six to eight months. I recommend you pick up the phone and call him. Ken's always been extremely responsive to my phone calls. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
jorge,
Looking great tu2 beer

Snowwolfe,
I agree - give Ken a call - he answers his phone or calls back quickly and has always been very gracious.

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3464 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks great! Glad to see they rounded the bottom of the receiver, this is one of the things they were going to do to my 577 when I sent it back. Those sharp edges were killing me.Looks like they put a better safety slide on it too.

Posts: 2833 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No wonder they are so inexpensive!

Very nice! But a word of advice: Next time, you might want to get one with barrels.....

Just a thought....... sofa

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
The barrels? Oh I told Ken to send them over to Sabbati for regulation ..... Big Grin

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
yuck

I hope to be the first non-Cuban from Georgia to shoot it!

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7592 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
You will be Smiler

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jorge,

You gotta be loving the "build up" to the arrival of this excellent rifle!
You're going to have a great time practice shooting and hunting with it. clap

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
Looking good, Jorge! tu2

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Congrats Jorge. Looking good. tu2 All the best!

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1698 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you guys ask Ken for updates? Or does he routinely supply you with information about your rifles as the build process continues?

I confess I've never asked for updates other than why it has taken so long for the rifle to be built. And in turn, was never offered any photos of the rifle during the build stage. But this has been true of my Chapuis and Searcy as well.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Do you guys ask Ken for updates? Or does he routinely supply you with information about your rifles as the build process continues?

I confess I've never asked for updates other than why it has taken so long for the rifle to be built. And in turn, was never offered any photos of the rifle during the build stage. But this has been true of my Chapuis and Searcy as well.

PM sent

Posts: 3464 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Like I said, phone calls work great. And yes I ASKED for updates.

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful rifle Jorge!

I bet you can't wait to get it in yure hands! .................Congratulations beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jorge:
That is a nice piece of wood, elegant engraving. Looking forward to read and see the progress reports.
Congratulations.

Good hunting / shooting and God's best.

Malek

Best regards

Malek
Good Hunting/Shooting and God's best.

Posts: 812 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: 25 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Thank you all. Per Ken's email forwarded from some French Babe (hey I can fantasize!) is the barrels were off being blued. So is it same to assume they've been regulated already? I tried watching the VC video on U tube and I couldn't figure it out.

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Jorge, Looks great and probably a shooter also...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Jorge;
Wow, looks fantastic!!
I am a little behind the power curve on this post...What Caliber??

470EDDY

Posts: 2600 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470EDDY:
Jorge;
Wow, looks fantastic!!
I am a little behind the power curve on this post...What Caliber??

I believe Jorge went with the mighty 450 Nitro Express on this. Beauty and power wrapped in a single package.

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Correct Doc, 450NE 3 1/4". Starting to get "ants in the pants" and looking hard to book at DSC in January to try this baby out. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Jorge;
Great Choice...our mutual buddy John S will be waiting for your booking for Buff and Elephant!!
Trust me, he will get you up close and friendly!!
Wishing you Good Shooting & hunting with your new PIECE!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2600 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
470: He keeps tempting me with good deals on hunts! And HE is to blame for a lot of my addiction you know!

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Jorge- I can't think of a better addiction to have...except flying...and not get into trouble of the worst kind!! He will take care of you well...I'll be back too!!

470EDDY

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Oh man I do miss it so! If it was me all by myself, I'd be living as a Bush Pilot somewhere in Africa!

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Jorge;

OH, YES, I had that vision too when I retired from my Corporate job at 55!! Yup, flying Caravans into the Selous was a real possibility...as was flying Beavers in SE Alaska...my wife knows what happens in Alaska so the foot was solidly down...I got into big yachts (brokerage) and the flying went by the wayside...but a Woman's life in the bush in Tanzania would be much better than SE Alaska...and less forbodding from the weather standpoint...now I will only wonder what it WOULD have been like...don't wait...it will be too late....

470EDDY

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
are you kidding? Wife says NO CHANCE. And BTW, I was retired for all of nine months before she pushed me "out the hatch" and back to work! Still now I can afford these "frivolities" Smiler

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Cheers, that's the real world!! I actually enjoy my after retirement pursuits...that said my wife has just now finished her 44 year nursing career on July 1...now we can play more...I don't think she will go back to work, unless teaching or writing...I will continue my passion of big yachts...to support Africa hnting and doubles!!...and keep flying too!!

470EDDY

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
:::SIGH:: unfortunately my retirement income will not allow me the frivolities of life as you describe. At least until the twins finish college and even then, that high maintenance wife's expensive! One thing's for sure, I'm not working past sixty (three to go!).

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
67 and still hving fun!!

470EDDY

one of us
posted Hide Post
jorge,

That is a fine looking rifle. Do us proud and blood her with a nice hard bossed bull or perhaps a big tuskless in full fight!

I've got a .470, my latest, sitting here that has never been to Africa and it bothers me daily that it hasn't.

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Planning that scheme right now. I hope to be booked by DSC.

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Outstanding update! tu2 Can't wait to hear what safari you've got lined up to christen her with!

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
UPDATE! Rifle is FINISHED and ready to ship. I should have it week of 5 Sept! jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of Nemo .450
posted Hide Post
That's great!

Can't wait to see her finished.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. -- John 3:36

http://www.accurateinnovations.com - http://aigunstocks.com/home-2/

NRA Life Member
DSC
SCI
DRSS - STILL waiting on MY "Taksdale" .450NE or a refund... coffee

"Young knight, learn to love God and revere women, so that your honour grows. Practice knighthood and learn the Art that dignifies you, and brings you honour in wars." (Johannes Liechtenauer, 14th century)

Posts: 279 | Location: North-East Georgia | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Very excited for you Jorge!
clap
beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
jorge:

Congratulations, now we want to see pix of rifle and read range report.
I would imagine that you can't wait to shoot this beauty.

beer

Malek

Good hunting/shooting and God's best

Best regards

Malek
Good Hunting/Shooting and God's best.

Posts: 812 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: 25 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
The rifle is probably in the air from France as we speak. Ken should have it by Tues or Wed....

dancing

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
You should ask Ken to have them slip a bottle of Champaigne with each delivery. lol