THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    My first animal with my double !!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first animal with my double !!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted
I went yesterday night to hunt pigs in some cropfields.

I took my Sabatti 9,3x74R with me and following the old german traditions I attached my Fenix TK21 to the rifle using plastic tape Big Grin

I shot a pig from behind using open sights and the light of the small flashlight. The ammo was Norma with 232 gr Vulkans. The bullet enter side by side the anus and exit on the pig's chest.

The exit

I love that little rifle !!

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
I wonder how taping a flashlight to the end of the barrels affects regulation?

Just kidding.....Nice job.
Mac

Mac

Posts: 1731 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Love a good tactical double tu2

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo, that's called a Texas heart shot ! Roll Eyes
Why two shots needed ? A very good start , keep it warm .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting. Not sure who sells them but they make large, heavy duty rubber bands that would work better than that e-tape and not leave residue on your rifle. Clint Smith always shows off his SXS 12ga set up in the gun rags using them.

"If a man can't trust himself to carry a loaded rifle out of camp without risk of shooting somebody, then he has no business ever handling a rifle at all and should take up golf or tennis instead." John Taylor

Ruger Alaskan 416
Ruger African 223

Posts: 336 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 29 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Great shooting! Nice gun! Smiler

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:
Love a good tactical double tu2

rotflmo

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I took my Sabatti 9,3x74R with me and following the old german traditions I attached my Fenix TK21 to the rifle using plastic tape Big Grin

I knew rednecks were from the south but I didn't realize that they had any that far south!

If you've ever taped a flashlight to a double rifle..You might be a redneck. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can make all the heavy duty rubber bands you want by cutting them from an old bicycle, motorcycle or car inner tube.

I make them and use them for many things around my place...

DM

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nawww! Us rednecks use duck tape!. lectrical tape ain't gonna hold up under recoil

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Everyone knows that e-tape is much more classy than duck tape !! Big Grin

L

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Strips of rubber tyre - most of Africa is "boppared together with mLegans"

To translate - take strips of inner tyre and use these to fix pipes, fix your radiator on the car, tie up gates etc etc. And clearly to hold on flashlights to gun barrels.

Here in the UK most tires are tubeless - no wonder the country is buggered - nothing to fix it with.

Posts: 984 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
Love it!!!!!!!!!

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Thanks !!

I am surprised. This forum is supposed to talk about double rifles but reading other posts it seems people are more interested in talking about how good their rifles are or arguing about this or that gumaker instead of talking about hunting with them that is for what they where really built.

I would enjoy if others share their hunting experiences with them (stories & pictures) rather than showing targets and fighting against each other about with brand is better.

I want to learn about hunting with them so I will apreciate if other members share their hunting experiences with me.

L

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo ,the Sabatti is a very nice rifle althoug has had some critics ,i have a friend ,that used one in a recently safari in mozambique in 470ne with great results he took the 4 five ,with it ,i shoot a 470 and was very easy to put 2 holes together at 50 meters ,indeed we tested almost 20 rifles here at my farm in a rcently double rifle course -the article will be published in -magnum- and the Sabatti performed greatly so congratuilations and theFENIXS are great ligths too .By the way ill be near a month in your country so i want to invite you a couple of drinks..

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6369 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Hi Juan!!

Yes I accept, I think it's time we meet each other !!

Give me a call whenever you want
From outside the country you must dial 00 598 99 592090 or from Uruguay 099 592090

That's my cell number.

See you here.

Abrazo
Lorenzo

One of Us
Picture of carpediem4570
posted Hide Post
good Shooting Lorezo:

Waidmannsheil.

Regards,

Carpediem

No politician who supports gun control should recieve armed protection paid for by those he is trying to disarm.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-scotch in one hand-Chocolate in the other-body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WHOO-HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!"

Madly Off In All Directions

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo: Full penetration with the 232 Vulcan! That's a hell of a pig rifle you have there. Great idea with the flashlight. I might have missed it, but how does your Sabatti regulate with the lighter bullets vs. the 286?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16532 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill,

I have tried 232 gr, 250 gr and 286 gr and the rifle shoot both barrels with any of these bullets weights inside one of those orange round targets till 70/80 yards with open sights, at 100 yards the bullets cross trajectories.

This is using open sights.

I think the orange/red targets are aprox 8 inches diameter or a little more...

L