THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Scope Mounts for a Heym 450NE
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope Mounts for a Heym 450NE
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'd like to have some quick detach scope mounts for my Heym 450.

Does anyone have recommendations for this work?

Thanks!!!

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1288 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 450/400
posted Hide Post
JJ at Champlin's...

Posts: 675 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 26 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 450/400:
JJ at Champlin's...

Ditto's, JJ would be my first choice

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd like to have some quick detach scope mounts for my Heym 450.

Oh please no! That's like puting Amish clothes on a super model.

Posts: 2826 | Location: Houston | Registered: 01 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
think of how much fun it would be taking the wrapping off the super model jumping

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JJ is awesome....but I'd ask Chris (new_guy) before I did anything.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I put Recknagel mounts on my Krieghoff and I am going to put them on my Sabatti. The Weaver base works fine, but it's, well, a Weaver base.

Posts: 17139 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On a Heym, there must be a german claw-mount (Suhler Einhakmontage) - very eypensive, but ..

Posts: 561 | Location: northern Germany | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Monastery-Forester:
On a Heym, there must be a german claw-mount (Suhler Einhakmontage) - very eypensive, but ..

Why not a German swing mount i.e. Recknagel?

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

This by far would be my first choise. I like it much better than a swing mount!

DM

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCMDoc:
quote:

Because it is more beautifull (and much more expensive)

Posts: 561 | Location: northern Germany | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CCMDoc:
quote:

Because it is more beautifull (and much more expensive)

True (and very true)

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doc, He could always sell the rifle to buy the mounts. Hey....wait a minute....!

Posts: 20098 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Doc, He could always sell the rifle to buy the mounts. Hey....wait a minute....!

Well,

The mounts are beautiful and that just might be worth doing ... tu2

One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Back when I had some money I did'nt have a problem coughing up the $ for claw mounts and yes the are beautifull, but I'm not so sure I think any nicer than "well done" swingmounts.

Here's a couple of mine, let me know if you think the claws really do look better?

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I´m sure, that a swing mount is stronger than a claw-mount, but..

look at egun.de "Doppelbüchsen", you can find a nice Heym 80 in 9,3x74R with claw-mount and a Zeiss 2,5-10x50 for 5000€ !

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
I put Recknagel mounts on my Krieghoff and I am going to put them on my Sabatti. The Weaver base works fine, but it's, well, a Weaver base.

Not another one Mad
The key words "works fine"!!!!!! Do we hunt or just sit in the arm chair and look? Wink

Posts: 3867 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Put claw mts on my DR please, as i like them WAAAAAY better than the swings.

At 6 to $700. for claws,

They certainly aren't "un-affordable"...

DM

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Of course Weaver bases work with no functional drawbacks. And it was free. But, they don't belong on a double rifle because of the looks. Recknagel mounts cost about $400. I will get there soon.

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Of course Weaver bases work with no functional drawbacks. And it was free. But, they don't belong on a double rifle because of the looks. Recknagel mounts cost about $400. I will get there soon.

Yes I was being a bit tongue in check defending the weavers so strongly, its just I get a bit septic when I see scopes mounted on doubles, and bolts, in fancy mounts looking like the carry handle on an AR15.

The most promoted aspect of dangerous game rifles is their balance and pointability, no more so than the double which is supposedly king of the field. All without exception that have this pointability factor, have low mounted iron sights along the top of the barrel or between the barrels on a low rib.
Obviously it is an impossiblity to get a scope mounted so low but at least we should be aiming for that as best as we can to try and duplicate the handling of the same gun with iron sights, not mounting in those infernally high European mounts that make a carry handle of the scope requiring the head to be held up like a giraffe.
I've used plenty of them in Europe and even there could not really see the need for them.

Posts: 3867 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I fully agree; doubles don't need scopes, especially high mounted ones, but I couldn't help it. But it's like a fashion accessory that I can remove or not. Sort of like Barbies for men.