THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Bailey Bradshaw Double at DSC
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bailey Bradshaw Double at DSC
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
What a great rifle.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
SUBSAILOR,

The caliber again is...?

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
9.3x74R

Posts: 20164 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Hallelujah for the straight grain stock.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
9.3x74R

thanks Biebs!

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by subsailor74:
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
9.3x74R

thanks Biebs!

Well, that'll work on the whole darn collection of game
animals essentially! I do believe I read N E 450 No2 took
elephant really close with his!

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
That 9.3X74R really IS a fine cartridge. One of the South American clients I shared camp with last October in the DSA had one in a Chapuis very similar to mine. He told me he had taken 28 buffalo with it to date. Some African Cape buff, some Australian Water Buff, and some of the buff they have in South America. But 28 with that 9.3 is pretty impressive.

I don't think he had taken ele with it however. It sure did the job on my lion, pictured below in my signature line.

I only learned of this chambering a couple of years ago. But I'm sold on it's performance nowdays!

That rifle should serve you well Admiral.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bailey,
As you know, I understand a little of the mechanics of building a double rifle, although my meager skills are light years from yours. I just wanted to tell you that what you've created for sub sailor is more than a mere double rifle, it's a work of art. This is craftsmanship that any builder, anywhere, in any age, would be proud of!

Posts: 386 | Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous piece. Patience is a virtue, and virtue is it's own reward?

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice looking rifle.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Subsailer, how does it shoot?

Posts: 446 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Norsk - Bailey does a great job on regulation. My rifle shoots the width of the barrels from L to R at 50 yards.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by subsailor74:
My rifle shoots the width of the barrels from L to R at 50 yards.

Ya gotta love THAT ! dancing

D/R Hunter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds great!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Isn't this your rifle Subsailor? Cancelled purchase?

http://www.gunsinternational.c...cfm?gun_id=100376759

One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Yes - it was mine, albeit briefly. I only had it out to the range a couple of times. It is a real tack driver. When the bills from your last hunt come due, and you need cash for a deposit on the next hunt, something has to give…so regrettably, I consigned the rifle back to Bailey. I hope he finds it finds a good home!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Subsailors gun is the one I am buying from Bailey. I am really looking forward to hunting with it. It ships out on Wednesday. I'm having a fiber optic front bead installed and a removable ghost ring that is quick detach on the Talley base.

Mike

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Mike, looks like you have a shooter. tu2

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1706 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
SubSailor,

I feel terrible for you. Such a special rifle.

D/R Hunter