New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new double
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Here's my new Searcy Field Grade. It's a .450 NE 3 1/4" with 26" barrels and a wood upgrade. I'm very happy with Butch's workmanship, including the wood-to-metal fit, the metal-to-metal fit, and the checkering. I shot it a dozen times last weekend and will shoot it some more tomorrow, and will report more after that. I can't tell you too much about the shooting so far, other than that it's lots of fun and more pleasant than shooting my .375 Ruger Alaskan.

Pardon the shadows in the photos.

]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats. Looks great. Great cartridge too!

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
very very nice i like the wood upgrade.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Awesome. Make sure when you are in camp with me we do not get ours doubles mixed up.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9902 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dang that's nice!! congrats!!

DRSS

Posts: 1155 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys. I'm really happy with it.

Andrew, in all seriousness, it would be fun to take a shot or two with each other's doubles, if we get the chance. Wish I could bring you some .470 ammo, since I know you guys pay through the nose for it over there.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice piece. I had one....very accurate and easy to shoot. But, alas, I was drawn away by the allure of the 577 !

Posts: 20139 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your nice gun. Should give you a lot of pleasure. That's a great build and great cartridge.

Dutch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice wood!!!!!!!!

When the buffalo are gone we will hunt mice, for we are hunters, and we want our freedom---Sitting Bull

.470 Chapuis double; 9.3x74R Mathelon triple; 30-06 Winchester O/U

Posts: 105 | Location: Rockville, MD USA | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
OUTSTANDING! tu2

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3464 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle in perhaps THE clasic caliber.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I would be happy to own that as my first & only DR!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11020 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Nice rifle! Welcome to the DRSS!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
He sure finds some nice wood! Congrats on your double!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Sweeeeeeeeet!
The game wont care if there are no hunting scenes engraved on it tu2
Should be a great gun to master. Order a second set of barrels so you wont be afraid to shoot it till it becomes a smooth bore! BOOM

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
That is a sweet rifle,congratulations!!!

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Searcy-- enjoy!

Thanks for sharing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it shoots as good as it looks it's 2+ beauty.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote