Tools

750 Nitro
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For those of you that missed this,

http://www.africahunting.com/d...0-nitro-express.html

DM

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A 750 caliber double rifle...26+ lbs...not only "over the top", but down the hill on the other side. As Charlie Brown would say..."Good Grief" !

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
<generalwar>
posted
One has to ask, why would anyone want to lug that around? coffee

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
Now all CCMDoc's pics won't be so impressive?
Wink

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3401 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah! Doc's would be considered the "Varmint" model!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Yeah! Doc's would be considered the "Varmint" model!!!!!!!!!!!

Sort a like this eh?

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3401 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I guess no reason to post any more photos after seeing that!

I'll just enjoy mine as best I can in private. beer

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Aww come on Doc... You could always call VC and order up an 800 Nitro Express! Big Grin

You'd be the first kid on the block to have one!

But Biebs would go for an 850 NE after that.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was sitting in Mark Sullivans office here in Phoenix several years ago, he had his 600 & his 700 sitting there. He looked at me and said "Steve, ya know I really really need to work on my shooting with that 700 if I want to do a video with it in use" I saw the size of the thing and felt well......inadequate.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Mike,
Wish you would have suggested that 6 months ago! CRYBABY

But as Clint Eastwood said: " a man's got to know his limitations"

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Ok,,,, Fine!

Wait 6 months more then go for it! Big Grin

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I won't be able to do that since I'll be using the wee little 600NE on elephant in Namibia. beer

I hope it meets the minimum cartridge requirement. bewildered

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The perfect caliber for the guy who: "was the little one in the locker room shower". Roll Eyes
ND

Stephen Grant 500BPE
Joseph Harkom 450BPE

Posts: 625 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nitrodave:
The perfect caliber for the guy who: "was the little one in the locker room shower". Roll Eyes
ND

Or the guy who wants to see how far the envelope can be pushed

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And your very first time out at the range, it doubles on you. Great gun to cure your chronic flinch. Also, no problem on follow up shots. So .577NE becomes your plains game rifle. Isn't life wonderful. dancing

Posts: 141 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 11 April 2009Reply With Quote
<generalwar>
posted
Would be a tough gun to hold on target for more than say a few seconds. Even my 600 Westley at almost 15lbs is a monster at times.

One of Us
Picture of carpediem4570
posted Hide Post
I'd really like to try that gun when I have a cold.

The first shot would clear the sinuses like nobody's business and the second shot would probably detach the retinas lol

Kindest regards,

Carpediem
Madly off in all directions dancing

No politician who supports gun control should recieve armed protection paid for by those he is trying to disarm.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-scotch in one hand-Chocolate in the other-body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WHOO-HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!"

Madly Off In All Directions

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
That double's weight makes recoil more than manageable.1,200 grain bullet over 225 grains RL-22 at 1,900 dos out of a 26.5lb double is 109 ft-lbs recoil energy and 16fps recoil velocity.

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
PT Barnum said, " A Sucker is born every minute." shocker Wonder who the sucker is who would want to carry that cannon? I will stick with my 450#2 at
11.25 lbs.. Smiler

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
I'm sure that Will would take it IF it were under 9# and they lost one of the triggers! Big Grin Wink Big Grin

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:

<generalwar>
posted
Sucks its not a Sabatti, it would be worth at least 500 threads about it here. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Appears the world has passed him by during the 8 years it took to build his "750". Box says "Worlds Most Powerful Sporting Cartridge". That's certainly debatable.

Big Grin

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
thats an interesting, and apparently well made, piece.. however, it is built heavier than a 4 bore .. which is more or less 1.0, vs .75 ..

its huge, but stupid huge

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38509 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thinking Stolzer & Sons 2-Bore double will be about that weight.

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
WOW, just WOW!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He should have join AR and started posting on the big bore forum. Make a few friends here. Then called it the 750AR or 750oK. My god, he would be the site hero.

Instead what we got is some pussy builder - Only 100 ft-lbs recoil. No muzzle brake! And the only problem some can find with this idea is that the gun is too heavy!

Think impractical. At some point bigger does not work. You can debate if that point is 500,577 or 600 but there is a limit of human endurance vs penetration on game. That limit varies. Imposable to define. Clearly using a muzzle brake will extend that limit.

Dont imply this is stupid yet 2 bore makes any more sense.

popcorn

Posts: 1226 | Location: New England  | Registered: 19 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fourbore:
He should have join AR and started posting on the big bore forum. Make a few friends here. Then called it the 750AR or 750oK. My god, he would be the site hero.

Instead what we got is some pussy builder - Only 100 ft-lbs recoil. No muzzle brake! And the only problem some can find with this idea is that the gun is too heavy!

Think impractical. At some point bigger does not work. You can debate if that point is 500,577 or 600 but there is a limit of human endurance vs penetration on game. That limit varies. Imposable to define. Clearly using a muzzle brake will extend that limit.

Dont imply this is stupid yet 2 bore makes any more sense.

popcorn

No one but you is inferring any of it "makes sense". You must consistently think you have original thoughts to post the crap you do ...

Carry on!

rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Dont imply this is stupid yet 2
bore makes any more sense.

My god the things you say are so stupid it makes me want to piss my pants..Im still yet to hear of your experience besides spreading your foolish logic.. pissers

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Express_Rifles:
quote:

Dont imply this is stupid yet 2
bore makes any more sense.

My god the things you say are so stupid it makes me want to piss my pants..Im still yet to hear of your experience besides spreading your foolish logic.. pissers

He's over on the BB forum with a thread complaining he can't handle a 375 Ruger and whuddabout the 9.3 ... a guy who's never reloaded anything BB, and apparently never owned a heavy rifle. Just the kinda cat who needs to be commenting on the efficacy and technical feasibility of big guns. Guess the hundreds possibly thousands of guys who own and shoot these guns must be somehow cognitively deficient and should defer to "Fourbore" ..??

jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder what his opinion of my 10 bore Paradox Rifle under construction might be? That's an .800 NE.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
It says on the AH website that it took eight years to build.

But it's not finished yet, by the looks of it.

Do you think that, maybe with a whole lot of deep relief engraving and fish scale checkering, they can shave ten or twelve pounds off of it? Big Grin

Ballistics aren't what they need to be either.

On second thought, they'd be better off going back to the drawing board to find a better concept to start with.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13397 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder what his opinion of my 10 bore Paradox Rifle under construction might be? That's an .800 NE.

I be happy to share my thought when I see the gun. If I do speak, it will be honest.

The blackpowder guns could only deliver so much velocity and were forced to go big. But even there was a practical limit. At 10 bore you are no where near that limit.

I guess I have to lay low for a while. I see those I disagree with on other posts jumping on the crap wagon.

Posts: 1226 | Location: New England  | Registered: 19 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
horse

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Express_Rifles:
horse

Seems to be a bit of that going around lately !!! LOL

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
500n Semms FB and afew others been drinking out of the same cask of wine

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seriously, it is a good bit of fun but is it really needed ?

WHILE WALKING ALL DAY, (IE not driving around), carrying a 12 - 13lb well balanced 500 Nitro double in 40+ degree heat / 80+% humidity for 12 - 13 hours is bad enough and I was pretty fit at the time.

I notice that the name Morrow is on the base of the 750 case. Is he trying to get his name on every big bore as I have some 600 Nitro cases of his here (as well as Feldstein, H&H and 2 other names).

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is anything over 500 needed in this day and age with bullet and powder technology??? Especially as a client hunter. Probaly not but its for the dare to be different crowd .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
WHILE WALKING ALL DAY, (IE not driving around), carrying a 12 - 13lb well balanced 500 Nitro double in 40+ degree heat / 80+% humidity for 12 - 13 hours is bad enough and I was pretty fit at the time.

Take a look at the gear soldiers are toting in far worse conditions. A 20 lb rifle ain't jack my friend. Eat better, take your vitamins, and get to the gym eh ...

Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So everything you need for a day of hunting is equal to what one might need on a battlefield now ?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Macifej:
Take a look at the gear soldiers are toting in far worse conditions. A 20 lb rifle ain't jack my friend. Eat better, take your vitamins, and get to the gym eh ...
Big Grin

Yes, nothing new from my day - except the body armor. Been there, done that.

Weapons are lighter than the SLR, M60 !!! LOL

50kg+ pack and 12kg Webbing and 5kg M60 in the hands is different ball game !!! LOL

Go the boys in the sand pit.