THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    POLL/POLE/POLLO: Shootaway's Shooting Secrets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POLL/POLE/POLLO: Shootaway's Shooting Secrets
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
In the interests of the shooting sports and aspiring marksmen across the globe, I would like to use this forum to call upon Shootaway to distill his vast knowledge of firearms, double rifles and shooting down to his "Top Ten Shooting Secrets". I know that we, personally I, would all benefit from him sharing his knowledge and experience. Perhaps a groundswell of public support will be enough to induce him to reveal his secrets to a waiting public . . . .

Question:
Do you join me in appealing to Shootaway to roll back the mysteries of shooting bolt action and double rifles and share his top ten shooting secrets with a shooting public floundering in the darkness of misinformation and poor technique?

Choices:
(1)(a) Yes, justify the list to the right
(1)(b) Yes, justify the list to the left
(1)(c) Yes, center the list
(1)(d) Yes, alternate each item in the list, left, right and center
(1)(e) Yes, but do the list in reverse order
(1)(f) Yes, but do the list in chronological order
(1)(g) Yes, but do the list odd and even
(1)(h) Yes, but do the list in random order
(2)(a) No, I have Shootaway on Ignore
(2)(b) No, I prefer floundering the dark
(2)(c) No, I have no desire to shoot a cow
(2)(d) No, I live in an area where the coriolis effect distorts my results
(2)(e) No, I do not wear a helmet when I shoot
(2)(f) No, please see (2)(a) through (2)(e)
(2)(g) No, the truth? The truth? I cannot handle the truth
(2)(h) No, I am still trying to figure out the other pole and cannot multitask

Mike

Posts: 21241 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Difficult choices Mr Jines .... Wink

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cant we have an all of the above box? Some of us fell left out.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Brett, I had to draw a line somewhere. I was about to give an option for those that prefer carne to pollo, but then the carnitas fans would feel left out. In the end anything to do with Shootaway is mierda anyway.

Mike

<xs headspace>
posted
Is there a choice of only shooting with a keyboard and photoshop??

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Brett, I had to draw a line somewhere. I was about to give an option for those that prefer carne to pollo, but then the carnitas fans would feel left out. In the end anything to do with Shootaway is mierda anyway.

Considering the subject matter I'd probably go Lengua.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
I'd go with сумасшедший for hm.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like this poll in the double rifle forum better than the other POLE.

I think the results will be more accurate and truthful.

Matt

Posts: 374 | Location: Anchorage AK | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I finally learned to match his shooting ability. I now shoot one round of 12 ga, 00 Buck at 50 yards and get the same, if not better, group than he can with his rifle.

Posts: 121 | Location: on the road | Registered: 01 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MJ-All I can say is you crack me up
You are one of the more interesting contributor's on here for a variety of reasons:

1: you come up with some funny shit....no I mean it
2: you are articulate enough to comprehend (for an attorney)
3: you generally know very well about what you are speaking of
4: its easy to get you a bit riled up and exploit a tad
5: you don't get to riled up to get your panties in a bunch and start name calling
6: anyone who posts under his moniker one of Pelosi's most infamous quotes has got to be fun to be around
7: your from Texas and I love Texas. Well I guess that's not always a good quality, but in your case I'll make an exception

I'm sure there are a couple more reasons but your head is swollen up enough already

tu2keep up the good work

Rory

Posts: 3617 | Location: Verdi Nevada | Registered: 01 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
beer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AlanFaulkner:
I finally learned to match his shooting ability. I now shoot one round of 12 ga, 00 Buck at 50 yards and get the same, if not better, group than he can with his rifle.

This is funny!

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Mike, you forgot to include this "pole-cat's" bullet terminal test work done by striking the bullet with a hammer. Now that's the kind of research I find useful.

Forget about the magical "W" shaped flight of the bullet that strikes dead on bullseye at 10, 50, and again 125 yards. Unless said bullet shows proper expansion after a glancing blow delivered with a 12 pound sledge hammer on a -15C day in 12 feet of snow, on uneven ground with marginal footing, after drinking a garage full of Molsen Golden, all while filming the event with the camera laying sideways on the ground, recording at a low angle via the reflection off of a back of the bedroom door mounted full length mirror, first showing the proper technique for holding said sledge hammer with a "hands too close to each other for proper control" and perfectly aligned neck to spine "straight and tall" stance, placing absolute importance on how the hammer is raised into position prior to performing a left foot elevated ballet pirouette while striking the bullet, I'm just not sure any of the rest really matters! All of this assuming the shooting helmet's screws are properly tightened and secured with the appropriated colored "locktite" adhesive!! Molly coated of course!

holycow

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Full Roar:
You are one of the more interesting contributor's on here for a variety of reasons:

5: you don't get to riled up to get your panties in a bunch and start name calling
6: anyone who posts under his moniker one of Pelosi's most infamous quotes has got to be fun to be around
7: your from Texas and I love Texas. Well I guess that's not always a good quality, but in your case I'll make an exception

I'm sure there are a couple more reasons but your head is swollen up enough already

tu2keep up the good work

Rory

You forgot my ruggedly handsome good looks . . . okay, I realize I am pushing the envelop now but if Shootaway can self-declare himself to know about shooting and firearms when that is clearly not the case, why can't I claim a little niche for myself regardless of the facts.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

tu2keep up the good work

Rory

You forgot my ruggedly handsome good looks . . . okay, I realize I am pushing the envelop now but if Shootaway can self-declare himself to know about shooting and firearms when that is clearly not the case, why can't I claim a little niche for myself regardless of the facts.

I wont comment on your looks. I think I am a lesbian and the looks of men don't interest me much Smiler
but...don't let facts get in the way of any self promoting. Hell, if we did that how would we make a living?

8. MJ has a good sense of humor, dry and above normal intellect, but bearable
9. He can cough...and fart at the same time....No, Really. That's cool sh!t in my opinion

Rory

Posts: 3617 | Location: Verdi Nevada | Registered: 01 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

tu2keep up the good work

Rory

I wont comment on your looks. I think I am a lesbian and the looks of men don't interest me much Smiler
but...don't let facts get in the way of any self promoting. Hell, if we did that how would we make a living?

9. He can cough...and fart at the same time....No, Really. That's cool sh!t in my opinion

Rory

Without conceding the validity of the other items, I can declare that #9 is an absolute lie. When I turned 50, an older gentleman shared the following with me. He said there are three things you need to remember now that you are 50: (1) Never pass up a chance a take a leak, (2) Never assume that a fart is just gas, and (3) Never waste a hard . . . well you figure out the rest. Without a doubt (2) above overrides and supersedes #9 above.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
popcorn yuck

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

tu2keep up the good work

Rory

Rory

10. MJ has fine taste for good cigars and share his cigar wisdom happily with other AR members.
11. MJ with his background as a lawyer in combinations with excellent skills in photoshop make him a possible enemy to other AR members - a lethal combination I would say Wink

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Norwegian:
quote:
quote:
quote:

tu2keep up the good work

Rory

Rory

10. MJ has fine taste for good cigars and share his cigar wisdom happily with other AR members.

ya, MJ and Monica both have a fine taste for cigars Whistling