THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Bradshaw Double Arrived -Updated with Pics and Range Report
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradshaw Double Arrived -Updated with Pics and Range Report
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My much awaited Bradshaw double in 500 NE arrived yesterday. Initial impressions are high. I have not gotten to fire it or take pics (sorry), but will tomorrow.

Bailey did a great job and it looks wonderful. Well worth the wait. Fit and finish are above expectations.

Went to the range today. Ran about 18 rounds through it. First 4-6 were just to get a feel for the triggers and recoil. I was pleasantly pleased with the feel and manageability of the recoil. It was easier to handle than my Lott for certain.

The sights need to be adjusted for me, as it is about 4-5 inches high. Easy fix.

As for accuracy, it is certainly within the rifle to do better than I can currently do. This rifle is a noticeable step up from my last double (450-400).

I have some practice ahead of me, but I am excited to do it.

Posts: 150 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 30 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
When did your order with BB get placed?

May the rifle serve you well, and then
those who possess it after you're gone!
wave

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My order and initial deposit was put down in 2011. Given the redesigns and upgraded changes Bailey implemented as the rifle was in progress, the timing was understandable. I think Bailey and I both would have expected a quicker turn, but I understand the delays.

In the end, I believe it will be worth the wait.

Posts: 150 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 30 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PICS Man, we need PICS! Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pics are posted. Range report will be coming later this week.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Like the splinter forearm look. Good luck with it, hope it brings you many wonderful memories.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
I enjoy seeing his guns out there in the wild. Thank you for posting pics. How long are the barrels? I think shorter barrels look more ballanced with a splinter fore end but this action type is much more than aesthetics.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:
I enjoy seeing his guns out there in the wild. Thank you for posting pics. How long are the barrels? I think shorter barrels look more ballanced with a splinter fore end but this action type is much more than aesthetics.

Barrels are 26" per my request. Weight is just over 11 lbs and LOP is 14.5" to front trigger.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice! My barrels will be 27"...I like the long look on a DR.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Nice! My barrels will be 27"...I like the long look on a DR.

It balances quite nicely and the sights align very easily for me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good for you....mine should be coming up shortly. I did the take-down version, with barrel sets in 500 NE and 450-400.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sweet looking rifle. All things come....

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hell Yeah!!!!! Congrats on a beautiful rifle in the finest DR cartridge, IMHO.

One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking rifle Sir! Thanks for posting
the pics as well as the order and delivery time.
It ain't easy to make a great rifle by hand. You
are fortunate to have yours now, and I want you
to kill plenty of game with it. What a wonderful
design!!!
clap dancing clap dancing clap
Is that upgraded engraving on the receiver?

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D R Hunter:
Very nice looking rifle Sir! Thanks for posting
the pics as well as the order and delivery time.
It ain't easy to make a great rifle by hand. You
are fortunate to have yours now, and I want you
to kill plenty of game with it. What a wonderful
design!!!
clap dancing clap dancing clap
Is that upgraded engraving on the receiver?

I believe that is Bailey's standard engraving. I could be wrong, but I don't think I opted for any upgrade.

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a beautiful rifle. Wish you and Bailey all the very best. Our hunting and shooting fraternity needs this gunmaker to become very successful!

I really wish I could have a take down model in 375 FL & 450 NE!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11253 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to see it was worth the wait. I am very much looking forward to the range report.

Matt

Posts: 374 | Location: Anchorage AK | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
.............................................................. beer Congratulations!

Bailey builds a fine double rifle, and is a fine engraver as well. That rifle will be a very sought after collector's item down the road, because of the quality, and low number of his rifle compared to makers who have been in business for 100 years!

Wish that was my rifle! Enjoy! tu2

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice figure on that wood!

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
That is just lovely!

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2319 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice, With that type of action you should be able to have the most powerful 500 nitro out there.

Posts: 2837 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by srose:
Nice, With that type of action you should be able to have the most powerful 500 nitro out there.

I think the standard version will be sufficient for me. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
First time I agree with shoot... Maybe he is in recovery?... Congratulations! You probably know how reassuring those pictures are to us in cue Wink can't wait for the range report!

Posts: 446 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of x-caliber
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle, thanks for posting and congratulations! I'm looking forward to the range report.

Posts: 867 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 10 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle. Came close to ordering one myself last year.
How long did it take from the time you placed the order till it was in your hands?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Beautiful rifle. Came close to ordering one myself last year.
How long did it take from the time you placed the order till it was in your hands?

I placed my order in the first bit of 2011. It has been longer than either Bailey or I thought it would be. But, as noted before, Bailey stayed in communication with me (probably more than he would have liked) during the process.

I think others will not have near the wait, due to his refinement of certain elements and improved designs.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
No range report yet?

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lovely looking rifle. I really like the concept and wold like to handle one.

Cheers, Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1976 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
No range report yet?

This weekend for sure. Wife is out of town on business, so I am in charge of my 14 month old son. Don't think he is ready for the range yet.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Good luck. At 14 mos. he does not realize how fortunate he will be to inherit that piece. Wink

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Range report added.

One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STGS:

Range report added.

Thanks for that STGS!!! clap clap clap

D/R Hunter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks good! At 50 yards offhand?

Posts: 446 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norsk:
Looks good! At 50 yards offhand?

32 yds. I stepped it off at the range.