New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradshaw DR Almost Complete
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This has been in the works for quite some time, but looks like we're nearing completion. It will be a 2-barrel set; 500NE and 450-400NE. The blank is a $4,000 blank I bought on sale for half price from Luxus back when Adam and Clay were running it. The action is deep-relief engraved with gilded accents. I'll have a case made for it to hold the stock, both barrel sets, oil cruet,snap caps and cleaning rod, just like the old days. Should be stunning!

Posts: 20139 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow! Biebs, thats really neat. Can you post a close up of the high relief engraving?

Well, actually of everything. I guess you'll probably have to wait until the rifle's done and in your hands.

Posts: 1725 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, don't have it yet. The 450-00 barrels need to be blued and the forend is getting a few more costs of oil.

Posts: 20139 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That looks great!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really nice - stunning wood tu2

Now it is up to the man behind it …. Wink Big Grin

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1138 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful.

Nice choices in calibers....the 450/400 for big game...the .500 for even bigger game..

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
When you get bored with it, I’ll take it off your hands Big Grin
For commissioning such a beauty, I will forgive your past Blaser sins.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle. Enjoy.

BB does good work.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Great wood and interesting action! Can I take it the lever works down, not sideways?

Posts: 5012 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, it drops the block downwards to open the bores.

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
This beauty needs a photo shoot. More pics!

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This beauty needs a photo shoot. More pics!

Will do, upon receipt here.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been a long time coming. Beauty. The stock is stunning.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful double Beibs.

Finally, you now have a gun that other people are interested in.

Posts: 531 | Location: Australia | Registered: 30 June 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle Biebs,congratulations.What brand of barrels? What does it weigh?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Finally, you now have a gun that other people are interested in.

Paul, haven't you always admired my Red Rider?

One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Red Rider?

Actually, I was a Daisy pump kid myself!

RR was too noisy (BBs rolling in magazine) and puny shooter by comparison to pump.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you say so. I was too busy shooting sparrows and chipmunks to notice :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

Posts: 1279 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOWSA! That wood gives new meaning to the word marble cake.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Simply rifle perfection!

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

Posts: 1229 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW!! That's beautiful Jon.
But inquiring minds want to know...
Was that pic taken at BB's shop?

Posts: 157 | Location: san francisco bay area | Registered: 23 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I assume so.

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Is this the latest design? The stock & action falls down?

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, this is the original, but 2nd generation, of the traditional falling block.

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Nice one Jon

Look forward to more pictures an some hunting

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11020 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 10773 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 450-400 barrel set is now regulated. Now for polish and rust blue, and we're done!

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
That's one of the most interesting actions I ever seen. Does it lift the strength to something approaching a bolt action?

Posts: 5012 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Bailey calls it the Rising block action as opposed to the more common falling block (his first .22 Hornet? Damascas double was a falling block double)

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11020 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aaron Little
posted Hide Post
The force to open the gun is not much different than a falling block. You’re not so much making the barrels rise as you’re making the back half of the rifle fall. The leverage is shared.

http://www.facebook.com/profil...p?id=100001646464847

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC
682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

Posts: 1023 | Location: Mineola, TX | Registered: 15 October 2010Reply With Quote