New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kodiak double rifles?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone else ever hear of these? I can't seem to find a website, etc.

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
I hope this is what you were looking for.
Pedersoli Kodiak

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Several people here have them. One recent thread is just down the page.

Foxfire has given you the web page. Did you have any other specific questions? I would post a picture of mine but I have done that so often I think people are tired of it. Roll Eyes

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Clem
posted Hide Post
I'll have to dig through my magazines but someone wrote an article in "THE DOUBLE GUN JOURNAL" about a safari to Africa with one of these - at least I think it was a Kodiac. It was a double black powder, 50 cal rifle.

Although it caters more to shotguns this magazine does have a lot of nice writings on double rifles as well. It is absolutely my favorite gun rag.

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Actually could you post a pic?

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
A couple of pictures of the 9.3x74R:

[Click the pictures for a larger version.]

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had Clift Labounty rechamber mine to 458 RCBS Magnum (from 45-70).

It's a great rifle for the price.

Garrett

Posts: 987 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mt brother had an older model kidiak in 45/70. It shot great with several different loads. It was not finiky at all. We were advised by the factory that any load suitable in the Marlin was suitable in the Kodiak, including Cor-Bon and Garrett loads. Those loads shot great in my brothersw kodiak. The newer Kodiak doubles are even nicer. IMHO it is a nice rifle, especially for the money. As to it being a hammer gun, if you practice with the hammers it should not be a problem.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote