THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    CHAPUIS 9,3 x 74R (or other cal.) GROUP BUY !
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CHAPUIS 9,3 x 74R (or other cal.) GROUP BUY !
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
DLN,

I hate false sideplates anyway. Who wants a rifle trying to be something it's not. Big Grin

John

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just sent an email to DLN. I will be in if the price is as expected.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
JTG,

It's only a $200 difference relative to Champlins. I would gladly pay the premium to avoid a group that includes someone who thinks military guys are nazi pricks.

Doug

Posts: 15 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 30 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
quote:
a group that includes someone who thinks military guys are nazi pricks.

Having served my Country workIng with another un-named Agency, I know it ain't me!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Doug,

This makes NO difference to me as it's NO money in or out of my pocket frankly. Oh, and its a $500 difference now I believe.

Best,

John

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just sent a note to DLN and told him I am definitely in. Any body have an idea on timing? It would be nice if we could get this put to bed really soon so that there is a good chance the rifles will be delivered in time for fall hunting.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
Just out of curiosity, and no offense intended, but has anybody done business with DLN/Heirloom Arms previously?

I'm as ready to mail my deposit check as anybody here, but I am slightly troubled by the low number of posts he has and that his website doesn't have an address or phone number on it.

On the plus side, Dale is answering e-mails very promptly.

Again, this is just doing due diligence.

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have never worked with him before, but I did find a couple of posts on NitroExpress from a year or two ago in which he recieved a couple of unsolicited recommendations as to being a good guy to work with on a double rifle. These were from people who claimed to have done business with him and were very satisfied.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How many buyers and cost at this time?
Bob

Posts: 677 | Location: Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LRH270:
Just out of curiosity, and no offense intended, but has anybody done business with DLN/Heirloom Arms previously?

I'm as ready to mail my deposit check as anybody here, but I am slightly troubled by the low number of posts he has and that his website doesn't have an address or phone number on it.

On the plus side, Dale is answering e-mails very promptly.

Again, this is just doing due diligence.

You don't know me either, but I've purchased two double rifles from Dale in the last few years... both Chapuis and both ordered like he's doing for you here. Good guy, great prices.

He's had as much as 20K of my money and I recieved everything as promised.

You can PM me with any questions.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
To everyone that contacted me.

I will be sending each of you a final update tonight. If you have tried to reach me and I did not respond it is because I did not receive your e-mail. Try again.

DLN

one of us
posted Hide Post
Can someone please direct me to pictures of the various options available RGEX UGEX etc. etc. I need to see what I want to buy before I buy it. I'm in!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Nice looking rifle in a great caliber.

http://www.chapuis-armes.com/VI_Chapuis/Anglais/en_frame.htm

Link to Chapuis

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I get a 404 error. Let me do a search.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK found out that UGEX is Utility Grade Express! That's progress. Now I need to find a picture of a UGEX, especially as, in an earlier post someone said the RGEX was $1000 more!
peter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
RGEX has tighter scroll engraving, higher grade wood, steel grip cap (and I presume extended trigger guard to cap) and german pancake stlye cheekpiece. The photos on the chapuis site show "skip line" checkering on the REX and RGEX. This is NOT standard apparently. THANK GOD !

Best,

John

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter
I sent you a message about a catalog. If anyone wants one just send me your address.

DLN

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Everyone wants to make a big deal on this thread about openness and transparency, etc. but the post that was here last night on pricing has been removed. Wonder what's up with that?

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Mike,
DLN sent a price list to all that inquired. It was then posted on this string and I made the suggestion to the person who posted it, to delete his post. Reason is that a lot of companies don't like people selling their products to advertise below SRP. I am not sure if Chapuis does this, but felt that if DLN wanted list his prices on the forum he would have. I therefore assume the person who listed the prices deleted his post out of courtesy. I doubt it was deleted by any moderator if that is what you are concerned about. If you are interested I am sure DLN will send you an e-mail with details of his offer.

Regards,

R

We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

one of us
posted Hide Post
I had posted the prices in an effort to drum up more participants, and removed them at the suggestion of ROSCOE. I doubt if there is any problem with SRP on Chapuis doubles, but it occured to me after posting that having the prices public may lead to "poaching" by other dealers. Dale has given us a price that is well below anyone else, and is in line with the original G&H planned buy, which may or may not have included delivery and taxes. I was the first guy to sign on with JTG on the group buy program, and have been anxious for the deal to move forward. I didn't want another wannabe coming forward at the last minute and screwing the deal with vaporware promises. It occured to me that if anyone was really serious about ordering a $4000 rifle, they would send an inquiry to DLN, so I doubt we are losing a participant by not posting the prices. For that reason, I deleted the post. If you are interested, contact DLN. I have already sent a deposit check to him.

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
DLN,
You have email! Cool
Thanks

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of sstokes
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone,
I am new to this site.A little bit about me,I live and work overseas, currently I am in Katmandu Nepal.I arrived here in Jan. after two years in Guinea West Africa.
I have found some very nice guns including some doubles and would like to import them in to the U.S..Does anyone know of an importer I could contact

Posts: 14 | Location: Burundi | Registered: 11 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sstokes
I recommend you contact George Caswell at Champlin Arms. www.champlinarms.com

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of sstokes
posted Hide Post
Thanks,its hard to find these things out when one is overseas.
Shane

Picture of sstokes
posted Hide Post
I have a Chapuis .375 double and have seen on this site the mention of a 450/400 on this same receiver.Anyone know about this and where I could have a set of barrels made for mine?I think they are made by a after market gunsmith.

one of us
posted Hide Post
sstokes
The ones I saw were made by the Chapuis custom shop and imported through Evolution USA in Idaho USA. It was a very slick 450/400 3".
I will have to look up their e mail address.
They seem like nice people.

I found it it is www.evo-rifles.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
sstokes

With the pictures in the news recently of the riots and police beatings in Katmandu, I would be surprised if the climate was ripe to be moving guns internationally there.

Picture of sstokes
posted Hide Post
Thanks again Ne 450,yeah things are a little intense here,but life goes on.The guns are in Africa anyway.There is good hunting in Nepal and its legal but you might get captured or shot by the maoist.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will drop Chapuis a line and see if they make anything in the 450/400. Until now I had not heard that they ever had.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ya'll be sure and check my hunt report in the African Hunt report section.
My 9,3x74R really impressed me and the PH on giraffe, elephant, and buffalo.
You will not be unhappy with the 9,3 Chapuis.

One of Us
Picture of Mark Baker
posted Hide Post
Hey all,

I haven't been on the computer in awhile, and noticed that you had questions adout Dale at Heirloom Arms.

I was set up a CADA show in St. Paul when I first met him. Nice guy, and he does get overseas to visit the makers. I think he would be a good guy to deal with and would treat everyone fairly.

I'm not in the market for a French rifle, and hope you all could make this happen. It seems cool to do a big purchase like that and save some dough.

Dale, maybe you should get a "group buy" on the Zieganhan (spelling?) rifles. Now those are some great quality masterpieces!

Later,

Mark

Posts: 51 | Location: N.W. Wisconsin | Registered: 23 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How many people have actually ordered now? No one seems to have admitted to it. I'll be the first. I ordered soon after the price was set.

Just trying to get an idea of the number of takers and how soon the whole deal will be complete.

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Art
I am in. I spoke to Dale on Sunday and his computer crashed....not sure if he as access to the web yet. He has been good to work with so far. I just need to figure out what type of scope mount to have him order! I also understand that he is working on a group RWS brass order....sounds like he can save us some $$ there too! Maybe I am lucky that you swiped half my brass from my natchez order after all! Smiler

One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
I'm in with a buddy (2 rifles).

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
What is the difference between the RGEX and the REX?

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
The REX has sideplates and twin triggers as well as the engraving level is higher than the RGEX.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am back on line. Just installed the new computer last night. I confirmed 6 with Chapuis this morning. Delivery is set for mid July. I am working with a supplier in Germany for the brass. I am trying to get a couple thousand RWS cases.
Mark
I am working with Gisske on a 450/400 boxlock test gun. He is the guy who built the 375 sidelock that I had at the CADA Show.

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Just in case anyone else is interested, Chapuis will build their guns without the engraving and with a color case-hardened receiver instead of the bright receiver at no extra charge. I am personally not especially fond of the standard engraving on the UGEX. Also, if someone were having a set of shotgun barrels fitted, the gun won't look so strange with a stag engraved on a shotgun when those barrels are fitted.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3818 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is correct. They can be made with coin finish, case colors or blued. With or without engraving.

DLN

posted Hide Post
DLN,

I've been trying to figure out what stock dimensions to order. I saw you already placed an order with Chapuis. Can I still order at the same prices even though I'm a little slow?
Doug

Posts: 15 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 30 January 2006Reply With Quote