New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tika O/U
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am considering a trade of my 86 33 win on a Tika 9.3x74.

I know the group here dosen't consider the tika a serious game double, but how about general use plains game and , that which is hunted here in the states?

I cannot find another double rifle in the 2k area, are there others to consider?

Stay Alert,Stay Alive
Niet geschoten is altijd mis

Hate of America is the defeat position of failed individuals and the failing state

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Dave:
This sounds like the kind of thing that would tempt me, but no far down the road I would realize that I swapped something irreplaceable and highly desirable for an oddball rifle that very few people are crazy about. I'd say hold on to the 86 and look for a used Pedersoli Kodiak Magnum in 9.3 or .45-70. Of course, my opinion is virtually worthless ...

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16367 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
NitroX used his on a water buff cull hunt. Some info and link to full report in this thread.

Short of that a used Pedersoli may be the only other option.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
What Bill said. thumb

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote