THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Per Butch NO DEAL - 600 NE SEARCY - Oh Well - If You Don't Ask, You'll Never Know
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Per Butch NO DEAL - 600 NE SEARCY - Oh Well - If You Don't Ask, You'll Never Know
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
16-17-1800 fps? Those are cast bullet velocities, no way they can kill. Big Grin
Rifle weight and use depends on what your arms/body are trained for. I pack an 18# chainsaw all day through deep snow, often draging choker chains and a cable too, and can still limb out a tree as fast as I could at the start of the day. I'm 5'8" and 190# with a build like an NFL runningback, but a fellow I work with uses the same saw size, just as well at a lanky 145#. I think in general people have lost the type of conditioning it takes to handle things of this type and weight easyly. Handling the recoil is a whole other consideration on top of that!

Posts: 941 | Location: VT | Registered: 17 May 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
600 nitro? in a sub 16# rifle?

even for me, recoil-sponge-jeffe, that's too much.

the 577, in a 13.# rifle, is about all I want...

the 550 express, on a bolt gun, has far less FELT recoil than the 577, though it's BAT.. i also beats the 577 AND 600 is SD and MV

jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
quote:
However the last time I spoke with him he was going to England to be fitted for 2 577 Nitro's.

Tony:

Any additional info on this, such as maker(s)? Matched pair?

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote