THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Finally took the plunge....Searcy .500 NE
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally took the plunge....Searcy .500 NE
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JDA-CO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
copycat moon

Shootacow: That gun is in a different league...

posted Hide Post
Beautiful!! Great job, E.S. don't you just love Collectors? Im in there all the time, and if somethings on your mind, they have it!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sir,

It would be an honor to emulate such a knowledgeable shooter, gun fitter and gunmaker such as yourself. You should market your system of adjusting the shot placement on rifles. You truly are the "big Bwana". Hope your pocket full of front sights works for you. Please keep us posted!

Photobucket

Posts: 410 | Location: Benton, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: 16 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sammyh312:
Beautiful!! Great job, E.S. don't you just love Collectors? Im in there all the time, and if somethings on your mind, they have it!

It is BY FAR the most incredible gun store I've ever seen or heard of. I've only been there twice, but they never cease to amaze me with the sheer amount of inventory they have. And just like you said....nearly ANYTHING you can dream up they have.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3110 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
nice wade

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39692 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice gun

Actually very very nice gun

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
I took the rifle out today for our first "dance" and I think I'm in love....

This was simply a preliminary function test to see how the recoil and everything else felt. I was not serious about testing accuracy today....but I was still impressed. This was my first time shooting a double EVER in my life, and I will admit I was a little nervous about how it was going to shoot. These four shots were taken off-hand at 25 yards without much time spent aiming. Really just instinctive "line it up and bang" style. I could not be happier. It might not look like much to some of you, but I was thrilled. Next time I go out, I will be bringing my shooting sticks and getting a little more serious about accuracy.

I was shooting Barnes VOR-TX factory ammo with 570 gr. banded solids. I shot a total of 10 rounds and did not find the recoil to be bad at all. In fact, it felt very similar to my .458 Lott....but was more comfortable due to stock design.

(**Note: those black stickers are covering up holes from other rifles, not the .500)

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3110 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
Slayer,

Whatever you do, make sure it's the opposite
of whatever shootacow does. Big Grin

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! Looks like BIG FUN ahead!

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote