Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'd be interested in what the experts have to say about this rifle:

H&H Royal Double

Posts: 861 | Registered: 17 September 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I too would like to know what the experts have to say on this one. Looks good to me.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For the experts, does it look like a Scott rifle ?

Seems a bit different to me.

What date did H&H finish using Scott for ALL of their guns ?

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That refinish doesn't look like JJ's work!

Posts: 2837 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not even believe they had model " Royal" in 1894. The Royal was a model that came later in 1901-1902 I think.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The factory records would tell you. My brother has a Holland .450 hammerless made in 1888. The Holland ledger page says #2 royal hammerless. Almost all, if not all, of these were made by Scotts. My brothers has game scenes of Tigers and Lions, a few early Royals had border engraving. These were best grade rifles. The later #2 Hollands were of a lesser grade, Dominion, maybe?

Posts: 80 | Location: Toronto, Ohio | Registered: 11 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The first Royals were made in 1885, even though the "Royal" trademark/trade name was only reserved a year or so later.

Posts: 391 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jens poulsen:
I do not even believe they had model " Royal" in 1894. The Royal was a model that came later in 1901-1902 I think.

I thought it was the "AB" Action that came in around 1901 - 1902.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
I'd buy that for a dollar Smiler
Would make a nice leopard gun cut back to 18" barrels hilbily
Seriously it is a beauty. I have drooled over the HH Paradox 12 gauge Royal in my avatar if you can zoom in to see it. They are beauties to behold and I would love to own one some day. The wood looks great on that rifle and no cheesy animals on it.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote