New
Find
Notify
Tools

470 NE CEB Load Information
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have any good loads for the 460gr Safari Raptor using Reloader 22?

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
not with RL 22. Mine was pretty finicky, but once I found the right load, it's lights out. If you decide to try another powder, let me know, and I'll get you my load. It's been good from 20-165 yards.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Have you contacted CEB? See if they have load data for you.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
500 grain
A-Square data

RL-22
104 grains 1998 fps
108 grains 2094 fps
109 grains 2110 fps Maximum load

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:
Have you contacted CEB? See if they have load data for you.

Yes, but I'm guessing they are busy with the SHOT show. THey have always responded promptly in the past, but my two emails with this question have not been answered.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. I am going to use them as practice rounds since the 500gr FPS are on backorder. I have a good load for the FPS with RL22 and was hoping to keep it the same just so I don't have to buy more powder

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
That Bulley is beyond compare in everything except eles. Worth buying some powder.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Herald:
That Bulley is beyond compare in everything except eles. Worth buying some powder.

I’m hunting ele with the 470 and leopard with a 9.3x62. I think I’ll go ahead and get some different powder and maybe use the 470 on some bait animals also.

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
I use 110 grains of MRP with the CEB Safari Raptors and solids. The barrels shoot about 1/2-1" apart at 50 yards (and will shoot a ragged hole out of right barrel) if I do my part and I don't even hold high at 125 yards.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
MRP essentially is equivalent to RE-22

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Herald:
I use 110 grains of MRP with the CEB Safari Raptors and solids. The barrels shoot about 1/2-1" apart at 50 yards (and will shoot a ragged whole out of right barrel) if I do my part and I don't even hold high at 125 yards.

Thanks Tim.

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
Thanks all. I am going to use them as practice rounds since the 500gr FPS are on backorder. I have a good load for the FPS with RL22 and was hoping to keep it the same just so I don't have to buy more powder

You’re going on an elephant hunt with a double rifle and worrying about buying some extra powder???

What don’t I understand?

Posts: 3874 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:

You’re going on an elephant hunt with a double rifle and worrying about buying some extra powder???

What don’t I understand?

Changing to a new batch of powder could potentially call for new load development even with the same powder,not a smart idea especially before a hunt,I learned this the hard way with Rl 15,some powders will display variation from lot to lot.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
http://forums.accuratereloadin...831089541#3831089541

I am sure you can find something here.

Always worth reading again and again.

They should write a book

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11020 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote