THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    5744 + Filler = Ruined Barrels
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

5744 + Filler = Ruined Barrels
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No. 2:
I do not think thet the bursting of double rifle barrels has ANYTHING to do with what powder to use.

I'd like to believe that, but I don't believe it for a nanosecond.
-----------------------------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 400 Nitro Express:
Now as to 400 Nitro Express's grumpiness, that is his comedy schtick, we are supposed to be amused by it. He is a reverse Rodney Dangerfield. It is well worth the pearls he spreads before us swine. clap
popcorn

Hell, RIP, I'm touched. I didn't know you cared. Big Grin

Honestly though, I'm not grumpy at all. I guess maybe it's just the way I write. I'm probably just used to responding matter of factly when reduced to writing. I can't see it at all, though. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the response. I appreciate your answers.

I guess "grumpiness" depends on which side of the fence you're looking at. You are not alone re: grumpy at times. I plead nolo contendre.

DuaneB

Chapuis UGEX, 9.3X74R &
7X65R

Posts: 72 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 21 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 400 Nitro Express:
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Manion:
quote:
If Cordite is so great, why does Kynoch not just bring it back?

As I recall, cordite was kind of a "twitchy" powder. Not as efficient, or safe, as modern powders.

Interestingly, cordite was made up until fairly recently. It's death knell came when the US retired the last of the great old WWII battleships. The big guns on the battleships used cordite for their powder charges.

That's pretty close, Jim. It was partially the retirement of the battleships, but not the US Navy's. Ours used stick powders, not Cordite. It was the British.

And he is correct as usual. Off topic, but I thought this article from 1920 was interesting:

http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?_r=1&res=...6195D6CF&oref=slogin

The British 18 inch guns that used cordite weighed 149 tons. The projectile was a svelt 3333 pounds, and it took 630 pounds of cordite to get the required velocity.

I believe I actually saw Tony shoot a coyote with one of those once. I do not recall if he used a filler.

400 Nitro Express is not grumpy. That's just the way he expresses affection. Kind of like a porcupine hug.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 400 Nitro Express:
Now as to 400 Nitro Express's grumpiness, that is his comedy schtick, we are supposed to be amused by it. He is a reverse Rodney Dangerfield. It is well worth the pearls he spreads before us swine. clap
popcorn

Hell, RIP, I'm touched. I didn't know you cared. Big Grin

Honestly though, I'm not grumpy at all. I guess maybe it's just the way I write. I'm probably just used to responding matter of factly when reduced to writing. I can't see it at all, though. Smiler

Well, that's one.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19314 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Ahhhh, I feel all warm and fuzzy!

Group hug???? animal

You guys are the best! I love this forum!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Off topic, but I thought this article from 1920 was interesting:

The British 18 inch guns that used cordite weighed 149 tons. The projectile was a svelt 3333 pounds, and it took 630 pounds of cordite to get the required velocity.

The ultimate big bore. A 3320 lb shell at 2200 fps and a range of 21 miles.

Single 1900 lb 16" 50 caliber hi-caps from the New Jersey were used to create helo LZs 200 yards in diameter from triple canopy jungle in Vietnam. The 16" hi-cap carried 154 lbs of Explosive D. The British 18" 40 caliber hi-caps were 3320 lbs and carried 243 lbs of Lyddite, a more powerful explosive than Explosive D. I can only imagine...

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Off topic, but I thought this article from 1920 was interesting:

The ultimate big bore. A 3320 lb shell at 2200 fps and a range of 21 miles.

Single 1900 lb 16" 50 caliber hi-caps from the New Jersey were used to create helo LZs 200 yards in diameter from triple canopy jungle in Vietnam. The 16" hi-cap carried 154 lbs of Explosive D. The British 18" 40 caliber hi-caps were 3320 lbs and carried 243 lbs of Lyddite, a more powerful explosive than Explosive D. I can only imagine...

The Brits never mounted anything bigger than a 16" such as used on the Rodney and the Nelson.
The Rodney had the honor of doing much of the hard work to knock out the Bismarck.
AFAIK the 18.1" guns of the Japanese Yamato class were the largest ever put to sea.

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ireload2:
The Brits never mounted anything bigger than a 16" such as used on the Rodney and the Nelson.

Not true.

Armstrong's built three 18"/40s, intended for the large cruiser HMS Furious. One gun was mounted for trials, but it was found that the ship couldn't withstand the overpressure, so Furious was converted to an aircraft carrier.

The three 18" guns were then diverted to the Lord Clive class monitors. HMS General Wolfe and HMS Lord Clive both deployed with 18" and both saw action in 1918. HMS Prince Eugene got the third 18", but wasn't completed in time for the war.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used to think Mark was a Crank too but now we can read between the lines. diggin

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've shot quite a few reduced loads in various calibers and always used Kapok fiber for the normal reasons. I don't have any expereince with the foam wads but i don't see how they could cause that high of pressure.

The only gun I've manage to damage was a S&W Mdl. 28 many years ago using Green Dot powder. Green Dot - or at least the lot I had -was very erratic pressure wise in pistols even though both Red Dot and Blue Dot- two similar powders with faster and slower buning rates work fine for pistols. Perhaps the powder is the culprit and has some strange behavior like the Red Dot I had.

Posts: 100 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have read this thread and found it quite interesting. I read up on this phenomena back when I was starting to reload as I was using a filler over the powder in my old 45-70 trapdoor and was afraid of damaging it. Charlie Dell’s work was helpful in understanding the problem. A problem I didn’t know existed until a friend cautioned me about it.
I think the problem is caused by the pressure front caused by the rapidly expanding gasses of the burning powder. With a over powder wad this becomes a part of the pressure wave hitting the back of the seated bullet resulting in the barrel obstruction syndrome. This is why filling ALL THE SPACE is important. This retards the pressure wave enough that you don’t have a problem. Uniform ignition is just a happy by product of doing this.
“Federal factory 470 ammo sometimes has large variation in velocity due to the position of powder in the case when the trigger is pulled.â€
I wonder what would happen if you pulled some of these and used a foam filler as Kynoch does and see if it helps.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
It will be interesting to see how Hornady handles this when their new 470 ammo hits the market.

Or maybe our self-proclaimed expert here knows the answer already. Smiler

Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:
It will be interesting to see how Hornady handles this when their new 470 ammo hits the market.

Me too. coffee

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Will do you know wheter or not if Hornady is using a filler in their 450-400 ammo?....I don't own one yet but when they become avalable here in Canadian I'll have a Ruger #1 in this cal...
thxs. Smiler

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I shook a 450/400 Hornady factory round with the DGS bullet. I can hear the powder shaking inside. So apparently no filler.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Cooley:
I have read this thread and found it quite interesting. I read up on this phenomena back when I was starting to reload as I was using a filler over the powder in my old 45-70 trapdoor and was afraid of damaging it. Charlie Dell’s work was helpful in understanding the problem. A problem I didn’t know existed until a friend cautioned me about it.
I think the problem is caused by the pressure front caused by the rapidly expanding gasses of the burning powder. With a over powder wad this becomes a part of the pressure wave hitting the back of the seated bullet resulting in the barrel obstruction syndrome. This is why filling ALL THE SPACE is important. This retards the pressure wave enough that you don’t have a problem. Uniform ignition is just a happy by product of doing this.
“Federal factory 470 ammo sometimes has large variation in velocity due to the position of powder in the case when the trigger is pulled.â€
I wonder what would happen if you pulled some of these and used a foam filler as Kynoch does and see if it helps.
Bill

I agree Bill, and here is a post I posted on NitroExpress, on the same thread there!

quote:
:by 93X57
Part of the trouble with fillers is that as a position sensitive, inert material inside the case, ammunition handling can cause shifting of the filler, comingling with powder, etc. This is probably no threat to a well-assembled load that is very carefully handled and fired on the range, but over time and general use may present problems for hunting ammunition.

The real question might be why use them in the first place? Skilled handloading precludes their need under almost, probably all, circumstances.

93X, If filler is properly used, no co-mingleing will occur, regardless of the type of filler used! The shifting of filler needs a place for the filler to shift to. A properly loaded NE round with filler, will not shift under any cercumstances.

The granulated fillers like shot buffers, are the worse offender to shifting, because the bullets are not seated down on top of the filler tight enough. No airspace should be allowed in a case when any type of filler is used, this is why it is called "FILLER"! Once the charge is dumped into the case the filler has to be enough to fill the case enough so that when the bullet is seated, the filler is slightly compressed. Most of the ringed chambers are caused by useing filler like Creame of wheat, which should NEVER be used as filler. People got the idea of useing C.O.W. from old books where it was used for fire-forming wildcat cases. This was done without a bullet in the case. The case was loaded with a small amount of a fast burning powder, on the primer, then the case filled with C.O.W., no bullet, and with the rifle held barrel pointed at the sky, fired. This fire-formed case very well, but would have been disasterous if a bullet had been seated as well. The other ringing is caused by idiots loading very light loads in a large case, and seating a wad down on top of the powder, then seating a bullet, leaving a large amount of airspace between the wad, and the bullet. When this is fired, with the wad seated that way, the wad becomes the projectile, and a short distance away the bullet becomes a secondary projectile, obstruction, much the same as another bullet in the barrels, ahead of the one being fired.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with useing filler to work up loads to the regulation of a double rifle, new or old, if done properly! Nothing is completely IDIOT PROOF, but where fillers are concerned it seems they gather like a flock of black birds! Roll Eyes

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gator1
posted Hide Post
400 Nitro Express

I am constantly amazed at the knowledge you have.

You are though, so full of yourself as to be nauseating. You are rude, obnoxious and probably about half stewed during most of your posts.

You owe everyone here an apology that I doubt if you are man enough to give.

Gator

A Proud Member of the Obamanation

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."
Ecclesiastes 10:2

"There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them." George Orwell

Posts: 2753 | Location: Climbing the Mountains of Liberal BS. | Registered: 31 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gator1:
400 Nitro Express

I am constantly amazed at the knowledge you have.

You are though, so full of yourself as to be nauseating. You are rude, obnoxious and probably about half stewed during most of your posts.

Gator

Why, because he is right 99% of the time and corrects some of the Bullshit promulgated
on forums to do with DR's and Big Bores ?

I think having someone who posts long, well written answers with the correct info, both here and elsewhere - and often the same info to the same question more than once should be appreciated.

I know a few who have given up answering the same question for the 10th time.

I think ? Atkinson ? suffered from the same thing.

"Tall Poppy Syndrome"

Edited - Oh, and if you think I'm a "yes" man, forget it,
I have had my disagreements with 400 in the past.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
quote:
You owe everyone here an apology

Well, I'm here and part of "everyone" and I don't think he owes me an apology.

Do you just like shitting in people's pools? troll

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, I'm here and part of "everyone" and I don't think he owes me an apology.

Ditto!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
400 Nitro Express

You don't know me from Adam, and you missed me by a mile.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
It's hell to be right! Some folks simply can't stand the fact there are people who have knowledge that they don't,knowledge that debunks the info they spew! thumbdown

400Nitro is a British double rifle book on the hoof! The cost is simply the time spent reading his posts! thumb

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

one of us
Picture of Gator1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
It's hell to be right! Some folks simply can't stand the fact there are people who have knowledge that they don't,knowledge that debunks the info they spew! thumbdown

400Nitro is a British double rifle book on the hoof! The cost is simply the time spent reading his posts! thumb

It's not what he knows, which is a lot. It's how he imparts his knowledge.

Seems like 400Nitro has a God Complex going.

Gator

A Proud Member of the Obamanation

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."
Ecclesiastes 10:2

"There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them." George Orwell

Posts: 2753 | Location: Climbing the Mountains of Liberal BS. | Registered: 31 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:

I disagree.

I think if anything he gets frustrated by the fact that people argue the FACTS that are written down in B&W as gospel and they still argue the point they posted, even though it has proved to be wrong.

In any case, if he does have a God complex, for a non believer like me,
I welcome having God on here Big Grin

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
quote:
In any case, if he does have a God complex, for a non believer like me,
I welcome having God on here

Good one, Nigel!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:

Gator1, I have known 400 for several yrs personally, and I think you are all wet on his dispencing of information. He simply reads like a technical manual, with no personality involved, in posts dispencing facts. One expects that when reading a technical manual, written as if by a computer, but, somehow, not when you know he is a member just like you and me.

When talking to Mark face to face you wouldn't reccognize him. I wll say, he suffers eronious information poorly, and is quick to correct it before it takes on a life of it's own, and becomes more urban legend, to be used improperly, by the novice, who doesn't know better, and who lurk these forums.

I don't for one minute think Mark has a GOD COMPLEX, I think he knows he is right, and says so without appology to anyone! You don't always have to like the teacher to use their expertese, to further your education.

I really don't have a dog in this fight, but do have an opinion about this thread, and I consider Mark to be a good friend, and find that the only time I see the things that seem to bother you is, when dealing with folks that don't have a clue, but speak as if their opinion is fact. That is dangerous, in some cases, and needs to be nipped in the bud, so to speak!

Mark is very critical of double rifles that are not , first, and foremost British, and secondly of working rifles that are not made to look at, but to use in the field, and so are a little rough on the outside. Mark simply can't stand them, even if the actually shoot better, and are stronger than a so-called fine double rifle. In this area he is a snob, but that is the collector in him, nothing more! For the info he has on tapp, I believe that fault is cheap pay for the benefite he offers!

All this is only my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions! Still my opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it! beer

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

animal animal animal

Obviously, someone stepped on your johnson. It wasn't me. I haven't traded a post with you that I can remember in years, nor can I remember ever having had a disagreement with you. I know a number of people here personally, and consider many of them friends. Perhaps not all like me, but most of those who know me seem to. I don't always agree with them on the board. No two people are always going to agree on everything.

While I usually do respond in kind when someone posts something that's intended to offend (in contrast to my response to you here), my posts are otherwise intended to be matter of fact. That may differ from what I'm like in person. I don't know. If you don't like my posts, you don't have to read them.

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
is quick to correct it

Sometimes, but only after all the verbal abuse.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
is quick to correct it

Sometimes, but only after all the verbal abuse.

In your case that's true, since you're so quick to initiate it, as you have here. You never miss a chance to be condescending and insulting and, like I said, I usually respond in kind.
------------------------------------------------

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wll say, he suffers eronious information poorly

Damn, if you are suffering so, why do you even bother responding?

As I recall you had not answered anything when "ireload2" asked the question for which you responded that you had, in a most suffering manner.

The bottomline in all this topic is 1) don't use wads over fast burning powder and 2) fill up all the air space with when using RL-15.

Why anyone has to suffer in any way to finally get to these conclusions is beyond me. If these conclusions are so "well known and so blatantly obvious" just say so without all the commentary.

There has been much information I have absorbed here on AR but likewise there are loads of crap for which I bite my tongue.

I guess I am long suffering in my own way! Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
As I recall you had not answered anything when "ireload2" asked the question for which you responded that you had, in a most suffering manner.

I had done so a couple of times before that point. As usual, you didn't read the string...

quote:
The bottomline in all this topic is 1) don't use wads over fast burning powder

...as that confirms.

quote:
I guess I am long suffering in my own way! Smiler

Only by your own hand.

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Ah, the king of cut and paste.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have no problem with 400 Nitro Express. I haven’t met him but hope to change that status one of these days. I have had minor differences of opinion with him in the past and probably will in the future. Such is the case on a forum. I do respect his knowledge and only wish I could collect Best quality English guns.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
Have to agree with MacD37 on this one. I've always used 5744 WITHOUT a filler and never had a problem and have shot my 470NE hundreds of times with cast bullets. Follow directions.-Rob

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012
Nothing Up my sleeves but never without a plan and never ever without a surprise!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Not true.

Armstrong's built three 18"/40s, intended for the large cruiser HMS Furious. One gun was mounted for trials, but it was found that the ship couldn't withstand the overpressure, so Furious was converted to an aircraft carrier.

The three 18" guns were then diverted to the Lord Clive class monitors. HMS General Wolfe and HMS Lord Clive both deployed with 18" and both saw action in 1918. HMS Prince Eugene got the third 18", but wasn't completed in time for the war.

One turreted gun never used in combat after triass failure. The other two with no deflection worthless against other ships. A total of 85 round fired......

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
One turreted gun never used in combat after triass failure.

Again, not true. They deployed and fired 85 rounds in action against enemy targets in 1918.

quote:
The other two with no deflection worthless against other ships.

Nor were those individual mountings intended otherwise. Monitors were not battle line ships. They were bombardment vessels, intended to engage enemy targets ashore, which is exactly what they did.

quote:
A total of 85 round fired.....

...at the enemy. That's a lot more than a number of new built battleships commissioned during the war fired at enemy targets.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
will the chap who blew up the rifle get in touch with me.

i may have an economical answer to his problem

ftondrus@hotmail.com

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
tomo
If you mean me, the rifle was not mine it went back to Champlins.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Also let me add that I have known 400Nitro for several years.
We have shot, and hunted together many times.

Besides his extensive knowledge about double rifles, he is a most excellent FAST and ACCURATE shot on game with a double rifle.

I have seen him shoot on several occasions.

He is one of my very best friends.

His posts here on AR sometimes come across with out good "bed side manner", as in "print" he is a matter of fact kind of guy.

However, in person, he is one of the FINEST fellas you will ever meet.

If you have any doubts to what I have said, just come to a DRSS hunt where he is present.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote