THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Looking for another double rifle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for another double rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted
So I love my Merkel in 416 Rigby but would really like to take a 470 or 500 to the Caprivi for elephant in May..

One condition - I can only buy a rifle that comes with ammo or reloading supplies because....

I CAN'T FIND ANY AMMO ANYWHERE !!!!!

What a sad state of affairs :-( I can buy a brand new Merkel in 470NE today but it is an expensive baseball bat!!!

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
PM me, I may be able to help.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1235 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a like new Searcy Classic 450-400 I would sell with a lot of components if that is of interest

Posts: 569 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You don’t need a new rifle. The 416 is plenty of gun for elephant.

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drongo:
You don’t need a new rifle. The 416 is plenty of gun for elephant.

Yeah - pretty much decided that myself :-) I shoot sub 3" groups at 30yds off-hand with iron sights consistently and have plenty of ammo and components..

Still doesn't mean I don't want more - buts that's another story.. one of addiction LOL!!

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Hunted my first elephant with a Merkel 470 NE. Something about using a double on dangerous game that excites me. Big Grin Four cape buffalo using the Searcy 450-400. Love it! tu2 My Searcy 375 Flanged has also taken giraffe and impala. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out ammoseek.com, lots of 500NE available, small amount of 470 as well

Posts: 147 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 02 January 2020Reply With Quote