The Accurate Reloading Forums
Looking for another double rifle

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/760101804/m/1231068372

01 March 2023, 22:48
Scott Powell
Looking for another double rifle
So I love my Merkel in 416 Rigby but would really like to take a 470 or 500 to the Caprivi for elephant in May..

One condition - I can only buy a rifle that comes with ammo or reloading supplies because....

I CAN'T FIND ANY AMMO ANYWHERE !!!!!

What a sad state of affairs :-( I can buy a brand new Merkel in 470NE today but it is an expensive baseball bat!!!

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein
02 March 2023, 00:27
Brain1
PM me, I may be able to help.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA
08 March 2023, 03:10
bradhe
I have a like new Searcy Classic 450-400 I would sell with a lot of components if that is of interest
09 March 2023, 02:45
drongo
You don’t need a new rifle. The 416 is plenty of gun for elephant.

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
09 March 2023, 03:53
Scott Powell
quote:
Originally posted by drongo:
You don’t need a new rifle. The 416 is plenty of gun for elephant.

Yeah - pretty much decided that myself :-) I shoot sub 3" groups at 30yds off-hand with iron sights consistently and have plenty of ammo and components..

Still doesn't mean I don't want more - buts that's another story.. one of addiction LOL!!

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein
09 March 2023, 22:33
Use Enough Gun
Hunted my first elephant with a Merkel 470 NE. Something about using a double on dangerous game that excites me. Big Grin Four cape buffalo using the Searcy 450-400. Love it! tu2 My Searcy 375 Flanged has also taken giraffe and impala. Big Grin
10 March 2023, 10:25
whisk(e)y hunter
Check out ammoseek.com, lots of 500NE available, small amount of 470 as well