THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    A new level of workmanship in two barrels
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A new level of workmanship in two barrels
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted
Granted these are double pistols but I wish I could see this level of workmanship in a double rifle.

http://youtu.be/vd8SaNzeZqk

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Wow. Talk about art at its finest.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2319 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Great art but not really working guns. They do not shoot any powder or shot!

Hi quality jewellery is what that is.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11249 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
That is something my wife might find to place in her curio cabinet, but I certainly would not want a real firearm that pimped up in my collection!
................................................................... barf

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of Blaser with all of their "lipstick on a pig" gimmickry!

One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
A double rifle (or pistol for that matter) does not have to be ornate to show off the finest level of workmanship. Look inside an English double rifle and notice the attention to detail and quality of workmanship that does not often see the light of day. Flawless craftsmanship and gaudy ornamentation are not the same things.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Subsailor is so right. I have the plainest of doubles and the wood to metal fit and other samples of craftsmanship leave me speechless. Many of my doubles won't close if something as thin as toilet paper is on the action face or a grain of powder. In my Winchester days, hell they could be dropped in the mud and still function. Compared to vintage doubles from the UK, American arms suck.

As to the items shown here, they belong with the Pink Pistols of San Francisco or the new Bruce Jenner. Not on a legitimate firearms forum (IMHO).
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Cal can you please tell us how you actually feel ddep down in there!

Big Grin Big Grin

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11249 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When it comes to stuff like that I always figure someone had more money than brains to commission it, or, that a maker did them just to prove he could. Art, certainly. A firearm, only in shape.

DRSS: E. M. Reilley 500 BPE
E. Goldmann in Erfurt, 11.15 X 60R

Those who fail to study history are condemned to repeat it

Posts: 502 | Location: In The Sticks, Missouri  | Registered: 02 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
I think the auction estimate of 2.5 million is a little high. I could see going maybe 1.5 at best. I mean really, for 2.5 I could get about 138 Heym doubles or a dozen best quality Holland rifles (one in every caliber?) and still have money left over to buy Sabatti doubles to hand out as post hunt tips for the camp staff on all of my future hunts! Roll Eyes

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In fact they sold for nearly $5.9M.

Of course they are not Holland & Hollands, but they are a nice thing in their own right, and much rarer.

Posts: 92 | Location: follow the yellow brick road | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Many of my doubles won't close if something as thin as toilet paper is on the action face or a grain of powder. In my Winchester days, hell they could be dropped in the mud and still function. Compared to vintage doubles from the UK, American arms suck.

Wow. I sure hope a grain of sand doesn't get in the wrong place at the wrong time!

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote