New
Find
Notify
Tools

V-C .600NE
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm excited this morning!! Mr. Ken Buch has just proved his graciousness once again. He has agreed to trade me my .577NE, plus some additional cash, for the new .600NE he had at DSC.

Fact is, I love the .577 he got for me. But, the comb is a bit high, and the .600 he has fit me like a glove! So, come Monday morning the .577 is on its way back, and hopefully I will be fondling my new V-C .600NE shortly.

Thank you Ken - Kebco!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You da man!!!!

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Ken and Verney-Carron are all about customer service. Great double, great people.

Congratulations! beer

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Biebs,

Are you buying that 577 or am I? Big Grin

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
I'm excited this morning!! Mr. Ken Buch has just proved his graciousness once again. He has agreed to trade me my .577NE, plus some additional cash, for the new .600NE he had at DSC.

Fact is, I love the .577 he got for me. But, the comb is a bit high, and the .600 he has fit me like a glove! So, come Monday morning the .577 is on its way back, and hopefully I will be fondling my new V-C .600NE shortly.

Thank you Ken - Kebco!!

rotflmo

I knew you were going to do that!!! As soon as I replied to your email the other day, I knew you were already doomed! Cool Factor just was too much to resist!

tu2

Michael

http://www.b-mriflesandcartridges.com/default.html

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!
Live Outside The Box of "Conventional Wisdom"

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doc, seeming as Aaron owned it, I don't imagine it will bring more than $7 or $8K, huh? :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Ithink part of the deal was that Aaron would keep that to himself so that Ken could get something for the 577.

Now that the cat is out of the bag, Ken would be lucky to get that much. Being I like Ken so much, I'll make the sacrifice ...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why don't you guys do a group buy and then donate it to Michael's testing facility. This way I don't have to glue a gage to my new 577 when it comes in April.

Aaron I also want to say well done. Look forward to seeing you bust an elephant with the 600NE. I guess that buffalo made you want a bigger gun.

Posts: 2837 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big bore day! Just scored on a different 577 VC!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good are you going to donate it?

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by srose:
Good are you going to donate it?

To me, I hope ... Wink

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Big bore day! Just scored on a different 577 VC!

Yeah, but the question is:

Will you actually shoot it before you sell it...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, the buffalo in Zim scared me - so I figured I better go bigger! Smiler

I blame Michael for that, as he could have just told me NOT to do it, when I asked for his advice.

Fact is, I already took the .577 over and shipped it this morning. So Ken will have it back by Thursday, and I can start looking forward to seeing my new .600NE!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This one is going to get some action...see how a CEB Solid at 2,050 fps will hold up on a Namibia Jumbo :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doc, except maybe I'll try one barrel at a time! LOLOLOL

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Doc, except maybe I'll try one barrel at a time! LOLOLOL

Listen pal,

We have two barrels, two triggers (except Will) and that means "two at the same time"

A fantasy come true - for the real men among us animal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
BTW, I think your shoulders are on backwards! :-)

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
BTW, I think your shoulders are on backwards! :-)

Good One! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:

I blame Michael for that, as he could have just told me NOT to do it, when I asked for his advice.

Fact is, I already took the .577 over and shipped it this morning. So Ken will have it back by Thursday, and I can start looking forward to seeing my new .600NE!

Start collecting the components ...

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:

Scared of a damned cow! JHC!!!! HEH HEH............. That cow was hungry, gonna eat our boy Aaron! rotflmo

My boy sent me an email a couple of days ago, "What is your Opinion Of This" Like he was going to listen to it!!!! LOL.......... Of course, I told him the truth, half dozen one way or the other between .585 and .620, same bullet, same velocity, of course .620 getting a slight nod because of caliber. Depth of penetration, equal, trauma, basically equal, it would take a lot of critters to be able to tell a lot of difference between the two, if you could at all in the end. Both, with BBW#13 Solids/NonCons, become truly deserving of their reputation. Without those, honestly they are not very impressive, ask Sam! BBW#13s, turns them into something else all together! I told Aaron all this. In the end, he is just as well off with his 577. But, I knew soon as I hit the send button, it did not matter, he was going for .620 or bust hell open! HEH..........

Good Show!

Michael

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess it is fun to say 600 Nitro when someone asks what you are shooting. COOL factor though. I love the 577 and see no real advantage in the 600 but thats me. Remember I want a 10.5 lb 577.

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thank you Ken - Kebco!!

Better forget the diet Dude. You are gonna want some lard behind that gun. Big Grin

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Judging from his hunting exploits on his DVDs, he's got that covered :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Judging from his hunting exploits on his DVDs, he's got that covered :-)

Ain't that the truth!!

Michael - I took your advice into consideration - for about 5 seconds!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:

Michael - I took your advice into consideration - for about 5 seconds!!!

rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Aaron

Good on you!

BTW have you ordered for another VC? I remember suggesting matching new wood for both rifles to have a composed pair. Now that you have switched to the 600NE, what is the plan for the second rifle?

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11241 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He's waiting on their 700 !

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Guys...he's gotta keep up with Mark Sullivan! Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37879 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
Y'all are making me want one of these 600s!

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Naki - I still want to get a .500, but as Biebs suggests. If V-C comes out with a .700, that'll be first on the list Cool

Lane - Mark who???

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Naki - I still want to get a .500, but as Biebs suggests. If V-C comes out with a .700, that'll be first on the list Cool

.500, .510 .585, .620 700s, all for Pussies! Little Girly Men!

animal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by michael458:
quote:

animal

What the heck is that thing???

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron,

See even by going to the 600 your are still shooting a rat caliber!

Sam

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
1.008 Vincent Buffalo Thumper???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37879 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron and Ken,

What are the stock dimensions on the 577??

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1298 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TBD, I'd grab it regardless of stock dimension...after all, it was hunted by AARON NIELSON !!!

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by michael458:
quote:

animal

What the heck is that thing???

The big one is called a 4000 gr BBW#13 A.D. (Anti-Dinosaur)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Blue Devil:
Aaron and Ken,

What are the stock dimensions on the 577??

Be happy to share that but you will have to wait until it shows back up here

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1329 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
If I was gonna get another DR today it would be a VC in 500 NE. I just honestly see no benefit and lots of detriments to anything larger. I am actually very fond of the 500 NE caliber as a stopper of angry thingies.

But at this point in my life and late in my hunting career, I've decided to stay with bolt guns. Awaiting delivery of my new SSK built .458 B&M.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with a good, CRF magazine rifle.