Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted
Po' boy chapter, that is.

Just got a 45-70 Rem/Russian SxS.

Planning on lots of dead pigs and maybe a blk bear or two. jumping

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Keith,
welcome aboard,damn you made me laugh,we is all po' boys clap

DRSS

Posts: 2281 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tickled me also i bought a rem-russian sxs in 45-70 today i have other sxs but thought this one would be fun.

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
congrats.... ands its about time!!!!!!!!!!! beer

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Keith!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hog Killer, If you really get into this DR thing, it will add a whole new dimension to being a PO' BOY !!!!!

Posts: 20164 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There ain't no poboy's in Texas u got to comes to louisiana for one

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
surely you're not gonna put that thing in the same cabinet as your Lott and .375???.... those rem 30's are gonna get jealous..... stir

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Hog Killer, If you really get into this DR thing, it will add a whole new dimension to being a PO' BOY !!!!!

The ONLY, thing between me and a fine English 450-400 3" is. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Wink

Keith

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimatcat:
surely you're not gonna put that thing in the same cabinet as your Lott and .375???.... those rem 30's are gonna get jealous..... stir

Naaaaawww, those Rem 30s KNOW where they stand, #s 1 & 2.

Keith

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Keith! beer Any double is twice the rifle with one only barrel! Big Grin

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
and you just had to spend your stimulus $$$$$$ stir and jeffe made you a great deal stir i'm glad you got 1....

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Keith. Now we will have to show you the secret handshake.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:

Are you talking about the handshake that only DRSS members and proctologists know? Big Grin

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7697 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:

You mean thius one? beer

lol

Keith

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
did ya shoot it this weekend????? BOOM

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

one of us
posted Hide Post
I did not think you would be Bolt Rifle Trash for ever... Big Grin tu2

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:

Damn, almost spit out my coffee when I read this, lol.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
quote:

Are you talking about the handshake that only DRSS members and proctologists know? Big Grin

Yes, the same one use by certain Doctors of Jurist Prudence! animal

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:

yuck

Keith

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Keith...
I think your mustache will go well with a monacle and Pith helmet to go along with your new double wide er I mean double rifle Big Grin

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Has anyone reamed one out to 450 NE 3.25" yet for reduced loads?

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:

bewilderedWHY it only weughs about 7 1/2 lbs.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:

I want to set up a video camera with a remote control to film the first shot out of one of these that is reamed out to 450NE!
..................................... Eeker

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Yep, Keith will forget all about that old bull that tossed him once he shoots that new double! animal

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Ol' Keith is no fool. Trap-door loads only, they will kill ANYTHING I plan on shooting with it.

I will leave turning one of these (Rem) into pipe bomb, to Boom Stick. Name kind of fits. I rhink,

Keith

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Congrats Keith! beer

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Now you need to start thinking about your next one. Disreguard weither or not you've even shot this one..

Think ahead! 400, 450, 500?

Wink

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Keith, yeah nothing wrong with the good ol 45-70 =)
Let us know how it groups.
I did say reduced loads...
The gun is rated for 37K psi is it not?
450 NE at 37K psi... What would be wrong with that? It would be like a 450 3.25" BPE
Get those 405's out fast for flatter shooting.
But hey, I like making silk purses out of sows ears. Does anyone have quickload to see what kind of velocities could be had keeping 450 NE to 37Kpsi and 405's?
flame

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Bppmy. two words for you to think on, chamberwall thicknrss. These are SMALL dia. barrels.

Keith

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Brooks:
Now you need to start thinking about your next one. Disreguard weither or not you've even shot this one..

Think ahead! 400, 450, 500?

Wink

Mike, I have had the pleasure of shooting most of the DRs chambered in between 9.3x74 and 577NE. Great fun! I will just need a good LOTTO win to get more/bigger/real DRs. And take them some place to shoot some proper critter with them. tu2

Keith

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hog Killer:
Bppmy. two words for you to think on, chamberwall thicknrss. These are SMALL dia. barrels.

Keith

Well I guess measuring the barrel taper would be a good idea. More room means lower pressure. Maybe 45-90?

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hog Killer:
And take them some place to shoot some proper critter with them. tu2

Keith

Awww heck that 577 is a squirrel gun! (and everything slightly bigger)Dead is dead! There's no such thing as overkill.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
As I remember PWN375 had a 45/70 double reamed to 450#2. He described the recoil as "Brisk"! Eeker

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
As I remember PWN375 had a 45/70 double reamed to 450#2. He described the recoil as "Brisk"! Eeker

I am guessing he kept the PSI under 37K
What velocities did her get and what weight bullet?

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
That was a Pedersoli (the one with the rabbit ears, I think). Those things weigh a ton and were also made in 9.3x74R. A mite more gun for the conversion, btw.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7697 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote