THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Humor    The Irish Invasion Of France Called Off
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Irish Invasion Of France Called Off
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The Irish Invasion Of France Called Off

The French president was sitting in his office when his phone rang.

“Hallo, Mr. Macron!” a heavily accented voice said. “This is Paddy down at the Harp Pub in County Clare, Ireland. I am ringing you to inform you that we are officially declaring war on you! We voted to reject the Lisbon Treaty!”

“Well Paddy,” Macron replied. “How big is your army?”

“Right now,” said Paddy, after a moment’s calculation, “there is myself, me cousin Sean, me next door neighbor Seamus, and the entire darts team from the pub. That makes eleven!”

Macron paused. “I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 100,000 men in my army waiting to move on my command.”

“Begorra!” said Paddy. “I’ll have to ring you back.”

Sure enough, the next day, Paddy called again. “Mr. Macron, the war is still on, we have managed to get us some infantry equipment.”

“And what equipment would that be Paddy?” Macron asked.

“Well, we have two combines, a bulldozer, and Murphy’s farm tractor.”

Macron sighed, amused. “I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 6,000 tanks and 5,000 armored personnel carriers. Also, I have increased my army to 150,000 since we last spoke.”

“Saints preserve us!” said Paddy. “I’ll have to get back to you.”

Sure enough, Paddy rang again the next day. “Mr. Macron, the war is still on! We have managed to get ourselves airborne! We have modified Jackie McLaughlin’s ultra-light with a couple of shotguns in the cockpit, and four boys from the Shamrock Bar have joined us as well!”

Macron was silent for a minute and then cleared his throat. “I must tell you, Paddy, that I have 100 bombers and 200 fighter planes, my military bases are surrounded by laser-guided, surface-to-air missile sites, and since we last spoke, I have increased my army to 200,000!”

“Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!” said Paddy. “I will have to ring you back.”

Sure enough, Paddy called again the next day. “Top o’ the mornin’, Mr. Macron! I am sorry to inform you that we have had to call off the war.”

“Really? I am sorry to hear that,” said Macron. “Why the sudden change of heart?”

“Well,” said Paddy, “we had a long chat over a few pints of Guinness and packets of crisps, and we decided there is no way we can feed 200,000 prisoners.”

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

Posts: 771 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Moremonte
posted Hide Post
jumping tu2 The Spirit Of The Irish Is Forever Strong.

Posts: 2024 | Location: Grove,OK. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
rotflmo clap

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
dancing dancing dancing If the Irish had not so small a country, they would have ruled the world; ask any Irishman! Big Grin

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote