THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FALCON HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Falcon Hunting    Feeding Backyard Birds of Prey?

Moderators: Ninja Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Feeding Backyard Birds of Prey?
 Login/Join

posted
I live in Frankfort Kentucky. I have several bird feeders out in my yard and there are hawks that frequent my yard looking for squirrels and birds. I love watching them hunt but only witnessed one success. The fields they use to hunt are now housing developments. I want to make sure they get enough to eat and don't have to over work or take risks to catch prey. I worry about them because there are alot of telephone, electric, and tv cable wire around that they might crash into. If they would happen to find a freshly killed dead bird or squirrel will they eat it? Or will they only go after live prey?

one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
You might get them to take fresh-killed meat if it was moving. How you would go about that, I don't know.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi neighbor,

I live in the colony subdivision in Frankfort Ky and I loose about three birds to hawks in my back yard each year. I have one on tape last year doing the dirty deed but they got to eat too. I think it is a coopers too small to be a redtail and tail too long for broad wing. It gets after the morning doves but so far has not got one of them yet.