THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    A good problem! / Let's see yours!

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A good problem! / Let's see yours!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of WhatThe
posted
I need a bigger gun cabinet!

L to R

Sig 557 W/Eotech LS-site,laser/light foregrip, Remington Tac-7 .308, RMA/AR-15 w/Eotech LS-site and bi-pod foregrip, Savage FCP/K 10 .308, Savage FCP/K 10 .223, 1955 Browning Belgium made Auto-5 12 Ga., Win 94 30-30, Remington Semi-Auto 7400 30-06, Smith & Wesson Special 1000 12 Ga. Savage Model 14 Classic .308, Henry's Varmit Special .17HMR, Pistol lt. Old Navy C&B .36, Rt. Remington Calvary C&B .44, Above CVA .50 Woodsman percussion, outside L to R: Savage Bas/10 Tactical .308, Savage BA110 Tactical .300 Win Mag, TC .50 Prairie, Rugger 10/22, Marlin .22, Marline "shorty" .22 SS, Armalite AR-30 sniper .338 LM, Not shown Anschutz Model 1907 with action MT54 and 5018 MT5 trigger, Accuracy Int'l AW .338 LM tactical sniper, Cheytac M200 Intervention .408.

That's it! Let's see yours!

Posts: 542 | Location: So. Cal | Registered: 31 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oddbod
posted Hide Post
You need a FAL. Big Grin

Posts: 610 | Location: Cumbria, UK | Registered: 09 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i have that same "good" problem. but im not showing mine..

Posts: 1137 | Location: SouthCarolina | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only 2 shotguns?

NRA Life Endowment Member

Posts: 420 | Location: Troy, Michigan | Registered: 21 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
after the first hundred you'll loose count

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WhatThe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeMichalski:
Only 2 shotguns?

I know, pretty pathetic! I'm not much into skeet or trap and only hunt quail, duck and geese once a year and sometimes every other year. Deer, elk and varmints get my attention and usually about 4 or 5 State and National matches do me in. If only there was more time!

One of Us
Picture of WhatThe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vines:
i have that same "good" problem. but im not showing mine..

Come on now. This is like AA, you have to express your feelings and show us your problem. This is the only path to your recovery and your cure. Which is of course a new cabinet! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quite a few years back I sort of had that problem ( However not in that color ! Mine was nearer the color

of the door or cabinet on the left in the last picture . ) I solved that " Color and Size issue " , by

excavating into the bank behind my lab . Had a Mason friend who laid a neat little 10' X 12 ' X 9 ' room of

88's rebar with cells pumped full of concrete . A long story short I with the help of friends built a

Vault !.
It was A PROJECT and solved all my problems save for one ; It was quite awhile before I could

purchase any more goodies to put in the vault , because of the initial expense involved in building it .

I know one thing for certain if anyone ever attempts to breech the 522 lb door into the vault ,

their in for one helluva of a surprise in more ways than one !!!. tu2

archer archer archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
well I have fewer but still have the same problem. Local safe company builds very good heavy duty but not fancy. in fact they claim theirs are much better than liberty and others and sell mainly to law enforcement. anyways, they have one 60" wide. I'm thinking about when I can afford to getting one and putting all my rifles in there horizontally! I think that would be a fantastic way to hold them, make getting them in and out so much easier.

It's always difficult though, the safe is almost 4k, I could get 4 nice rifles for that much money, or 2 at least. Big Grin

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any firearm stored in an old fashion cabinet like that would earn you an charge of unsafe storage where I live. Good luck ever getting them back until their rusty as a old farm plow.

Posts: 308 | Location: Durham Region Ont. Canada | Registered: 17 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let's see yours!

Walk in vault door.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
I like the idea of the Fall out shelter/walk in gun safe/zombie safe room for all emergencies. Combined into one it is more economical. Add ventilation and emergency food and water supplies.

quote:
Originally posted by Doc224/375:
Quite a few years back I sort of had that problem ( However not in that color ! Mine was nearer the color

of the door or cabinet on the left in the last picture . ) I solved that " Color and Size issue " , by

excavating into the bank behind my lab . Had a Mason friend who laid a neat little 10' X 12 ' X 9 ' room of

88's rebar with cells pumped full of concrete . A long story short I with the help of friends built a

Vault !.
It was A PROJECT and solved all my problems save for one ; It was quite awhile before I could

purchase any more goodies to put in the vault , because of the initial expense involved in building it .

I know one thing for certain if anyone ever attempts to breech the 522 lb door into the vault ,

their in for one helluva of a surprise in more ways than one !!!. tu2

archer archer archer

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know one thing for certain if anyone ever attempts to breech the 522 lb door into the vault , their in for one helluva of a surprise in more ways than one !!!.

Everyone will have to guess what you meant, but be careful if you are referring to a booby-trap. Even if someone is robbing you, a booby-trap could legally be considered homicide, depending on the situation. I'm not saying that is what you referring to, but it is something to be aware of.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If this site is being monitored...

I don't own any firearms....

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only problem I have is deciding if that gun cabinet is T**** Pink or P***** Pink! No such thing as too many guns.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1621 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brando
posted Hide Post
No offense, but you probably not going to get alot of feedback on this subject...

Its just not a good idea to post pictures of your collection and the safe or cabinet they are stored in. It would be easy to trace your IP, get your home address and then steal your prized collection.

Posts: 468 | Location: Goldsboro, NC. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WhatThe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brando:
No offense, but you probably not going to get alot of feedback on this subject...

Its just not a good idea to post pictures of your collection and the safe or cabinet they are stored in. It would be easy to trace your IP, get your home address and then steal your prized collection.

I whole hardily agree! And your advise is sound. However, I would invite ANYONE to even try to gain entry to my home! popcorn

The grounds are protected by 9 external color IR high res motion cameras and 13 alarm triggered disguised high res internal cameras. Combined with a 19 remote key 32 zone alarm system with laser, pin and triggered sensors that connects to our exterior 12 zone perimeter alarm system. Am I paranoid, perhaps. But I have a lot more to protect than just my guns. My family!

One of Us
Picture of WhatThe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onefunzr2:
quote:
Let's see yours!

Walk in vault door.

I'm kinda liking this! Very nice indeed. tu2

One of Us
Picture of WhatThe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greenjoy:
Any firearm stored in an old fashion cabinet like that would earn you an charge of unsafe storage where I live. Good luck ever getting them back until their rusty as a old farm plow.

See quote above. wave

BTW, in addition to our security system, the gun cabinet you see in in my private "study" which is actually my game room that can only be opened with my finger prints. The chances of anyone ever even getting close is....well.....you will probably see a pink elephant flying across the shy first!

One of Us
Picture of WhatThe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WhatThe:
quote:
Originally posted by greenjoy:

See quote above. wave

BTW, in addition to our security system, the gun cabinet you see is in my private "study" which is actually my game room that can only be opened with my finger prints. The chances of anyone ever even getting close is....well.....you will probably see a pink elephant flying across the sky first!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I had quite a few, but they were all stolen, not sure when. The AK's and AR's and the 30-round mags and ammo disappeared first I think.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WhatThe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jstevens:
I had quite a few, but they were all stolen, not sure when. The AK's and AR's and the 30-round mags and ammo disappeared first I think.

Well that certainly sucks! Doesn't it piss you off to work your a$$ off supporting you and yours and have the ability to afford a few toys you worked hard for that some low life rips off and bypasses the hard work. To me thief's are the lowest form of species. No wonder I can't stand liberals, they are the same thing. You work hard, they tax you and give it to someone who doesn't! Mad

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Everyone will have to guess what you meant, but be careful if you are referring to a booby-trap. Even if someone is robbing you, a booby-trap could legally be considered homicide, depending on the situation. I'm not saying that is what you referring to, but it is something to be aware of.

Duckboat ; I may be aging however I'm not that foolish . I'll give you a hint what happens in a Bank

when the thief opens the sack of money ?. As it doesn't just wash off it won't be hard convicting them !!!.

tu2

quote:
If this site is being monitored...

I don't own any firearms....

seafire/B17G ; You're joking right , now with Cybercom directly detecting " EVERY " conceivable thread

including Military communications and reporting directly too Janet Napolotano and El Juan Dumbo they have

your GPS coordinates . Eeker Is it time to relocate the cash ?. tu2

http://www.globalindustrialcom...ommand-civilian.html

If they want me they know where I'm at !. If it's a fight they want win draw or lose those that survive

will remember it for a LIFE TIME !!!. I don't make threats , I only deliver on promises !.

archer archer archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WhatThe
posted Hide Post
quote:
If they want me they know where I'm at !. If it's a fight they want win draw or lose those that survive will remember it for a LIFE TIME !!!. I don't make threats , I only deliver on promises !.

archer archer archer

Behind you 100% on this one. But should it ever happen, I won't be behind you but rather to one side of you.

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
quote:
A long story short I with the help of friends built a

Vault !.
archer

I once met a guy in this business.
Their specialty is building underground shooting ranges using 6' concrete pipe up to 100' in length depending on how large your lot is. The pipe is connected to a new basement room with thick reinforced walls utilising a safe door as the entryway from the existing basement. diggin
Very nice setup with venilation for the tube and a custom stop at the end. He claims there is hardly any noise evident in the yard above even with a 300WM being fired below and if the vents were located farther away, probably no noise at all!
A Mr. and Mrs. Smith tool shed would be a nice addition to the home... tu2

Posts: 3319 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brando:

Just clarifying in case he gets paranoid...

The only way someone can trace his IP is if AR stored his IP at the time he logged in and if someone then hacked into AR and stole it. Once someone has the IP they would then need to obtain/hack the address info from his ISP. Not very easy and I doubt AR would store the IP to begin with.