THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Will the 6.5 Creedmoor kill the 260 Rem
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will the 6.5 Creedmoor kill the 260 Rem
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
You just watch. Both the 6.5 Creedmoor and 260 Remington will die off when the 264 Winchester makes its come back. coffee

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Then there's always the thought that one day fellas will wake up and realize that 99% of this shit gets you nowhere.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ColoradoMatt:
I have no dog in this fight, but it should be pointed out that the 6.5 Creedmoor has, since its 2008 introduction, sold several times more rifles and ammo than the 20 year old 260 Rem. One can talk hype until the cows come home, but the creedmoor looks pretty well established, at this point, as sales winner. The 260 wasn't really popular before the creedmoor showed up, so why does anyone think it has a chance now?

Where did you find that sales data?

Posts: 78 | Location: Perkinston, MS | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
posted 16 February 2016 05:07 Hide Post

Enough about the Creedmoor. It's the most overhyped cartridge since the Blackout. I'll take a 260 Rem over one everyday of the week just because I'm sick of hearing about the Creedmoor.

me too.. I like my .260 rem. had one for about 8 years.. full synthetic stock s.s. Ruger M-77

Posts: 1137 | Location: SouthCarolina | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Marsha! Marsha! Marsha!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Allow me to "put another log on the fire...."

Robert Whitley, who has won more 600/1000 yd matches than most of us here have read about says in the Berger Reloading Manual, that the 260 Remington, Creedmoor, and 6.5x47 LAPUA are, for all intents and purposes, alike as three peas in a pod.

There is a decade long history between Hornady and Ruger to create cartridges with magic velocity that mere humans have trouble matching.

So, just pick one and go happy...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
unlimited funds to build a rig and time at the bench and just about anything could be done. Off the rack rifle twisted and throated right with match ammo on the shelf is another story. Only thing that might come close is a 308.

The edge is in competition, not hunting rifles.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went with the Creedmore simply because it got to be so hot. That means ammo will be easier to find. I needed a longer range hog gun without much kick. It works for me. I only have it a 7x57 and a old lever 308. I like the creed well.
Yes, you can kill a deer with a 22 on up. So get what makes you happy.

Keep the Pointy end away from you
www.jerryfisk.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Better ammo, easier to find. What's not to like?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
But so is 308, just saying.

one of us
posted Hide Post
We will see what Remington does with their 260 because they have this perpetual habit of killing off their own children and kin when the going gets tough ! 416, 350 7mm STW to name a few in recent years.

Just saw an article in Hodgdon 2017 reloading Annual on the 6.5 Creedmoor.

The author espouses that the 6.5 Creedmoor is "the 30-06 of the 21st century" ( arguable take I guess )

An now Lapua are entering the fray with small rifle primer pocket brass for the Creed...... popcorn

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They they the 7Mag right, but castrated the 280.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty confident the 6.5 is not going to kill my 260.

Posts: 206 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably a better chance of the 6.5CM knocking off the 260 Rem, than there is of the 6CM doing the same to the 243 Win.
Looks like Ruger has a couple of guns in 6 CM for 2017. Hornady already has brass and loaded ammo.

Posts: 486 | Location: Moving | Registered: 23 September 2010Reply With Quote