New
Find
Notify
Tools

T/C Encore 7mm-08
 Login/Join

<trublu048>
posted
I have purchased a 7mm-08 barrel for my T/C Encore and have not found any factory load to agree with the barrel. I have tried handloading. So far have found it to shoot only fair at the lower listed velocities (2400 fps). The barrel is 24" with a 1-9 twist. The rounds that I have chosen to test are the Hornady 139 SPBT and the Sierra 150 SBTs. Also the powders are Varget,Win 760, and IMR 4060. Primer is the Rem 9 1/2.

I plan to hunt W/T with this gun and would like to get at least in the 2700 fps.

<heavy varmint>
posted
Seems a little fast burning but H-4895 workes real good with the Hornady 139spbt in my 7-08. I have had better luck with the faster burning powders so far, about the only slower powder I have yet to try is Reloder 15 and it's on the agenda as soon as the temp. gets above freezing.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I had good results in my 7mm-08 with RL 15 and H414. Mine seems to prefer (oddly enough) the 140 Gr bulk bullets from Remington. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
<Big Stick>
posted
The only powder I shoot in my 7-08's,is Re-15..............

one of us
Picture of DannoBoone
posted Hide Post
It may help to float the forearm with a
couple of faucet washers trimmed down a
little. The holes are so far off on the
forearm for my 25/06 T/C barrel that they
bind the forearm on one side of the barrel,
so I had to do this as well as a lot of
sanding. When it warms up again..........

Posts: 565 | Location: Walker, IA, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With Quote