New
Find
Notify
Tools

Schmidt Rubins in 7.5 Swiss
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Guys, these have to be the BEST shooting mil-surp rifles on the market today.

They are also the most ugly rifle ever built. There has to be a way to make them more palatable, any ideas ?..................JJ

" venator ferae bestiae et aquae vitae "

Posts: 593 | Location: Southern WV, USA | Registered: 03 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They're right up there, but I think the 6.5X55 Swede takes the cake. That big square front post lines up like no other....

one of us
posted Hide Post
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! I love the things>

Posts: 165 | Location: PA | Registered: 22 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collani
posted Hide Post
@all

I own more than 5 Schmidt&Rubins and I tell you, those rifles are accurate.

This rifle is the hunting version of the so beloved K31.

Here some more details of the project.

Good shooting and good hunting
Collani

Gian Marchet Colani - the most famous mountain chamois hunter in the European Alps....

Posts: 118 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 06 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
They do strongly resemble the toy rifles in the Dollywood gift shop, but they grow on you. I wouldn't alter mine for anything. I do need a new striker spring for it, though. Anybody know of an off-the-shelf spring that fits it? Wolf Gunsprings doesn't know.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks alot for the info guys, I own 3 K-31's and they are without a doubt fine rifles.

One goes with me every trip to fill my feeders. I like them alot.................JJ

" venator ferae bestiae et aquae vitae "

Posts: 593 | Location: Southern WV, USA | Registered: 03 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
off the shelf, no
new part, no
but, Tenn Gun Parts can probably get you a used spring. best-o-luck

Posts: 267 | Location: Tampa | Registered: 01 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GrosVentreGeorge
posted Hide Post
I have my eye on one of their target models preferably in 7.5 and not the 308 model. I have had a jones for one since I saw Streets of Laredo. Even though in the book I think it was a mauser.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
When I get a round tuit, I'm just going to pull out the old spring, measure it, and look in MSC's springs online...

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you're interested in having a Swiss K-31 'smithed, 1 guy to speak with is Larry Racine in Keene, NH. You can see some of his K-31 work at www.lprgunsmith.com.
Jeff

Posts: 993 | Location: Omaha, NE, USA | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote