Find
Notify
Tools

savage axis 2 .223
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
my buddy just bought this rifle and is in his waiting period.
ConfusedHave any of you had any experience with this one? beer roger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Until a few years ago, people could kill deer with a .223, then so much was written about it on the internet that the deer became educated and knew a .223 wouldn't hurt them. Savage learned that Axis deer weren't reading the internet and designed the Axis in .223 for AXIS deer ONLY (wont work on whitetails or mule deer----too educated). Mr bartsche, I really made all that up, I have no experience with the Savage Axis, but didn't want you to think you were being ignored.

Posts: 3811 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carpetman1:
Until a few years ago, people could kill deer with a .223, then so much was written about it on the internet that the deer became educated and knew a .223 wouldn't hurt them. Savage learned that Axis deer weren't reading the internet and designed the Axis in .223 for AXIS deer ONLY (wont work on whitetails or mule deer----too educated). Mr bartsche, I really made all that up, I have no experience with the Savage Axis, but didn't want you to think you were being ignored.

tu2Great short short story! beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If they shoot as well as the other savage rifles they well shoot very well

Posts: 19610 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
generally, trigger tuned and they'll shoot great

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39691 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cold Trigger Finger
posted Hide Post
The Edge I had in 223 was by and large unbelievably accurate. Just an amazing rifle, considering the $269.00 price.

Phil Shoemaker : "I went to a .30-06 on a fine old Mauser action. That worked successfully for a few years until a wounded, vindictive brown bear taught me that precise bullet placement is not always possible in thick alders, at spitting distances and when time is measured in split seconds. Lucky to come out of that lesson alive, I decided to look for a more suitable rifle."

Posts: 1934 | Location: Eastern Central Alaska | Registered: 15 July 2014Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have one with the non accu-trigger, and I really like it. The synthetic stocks are not very good. But the gun is very accurate and the trigger is easy to work on if you're so inclined.

One of Us
Picture of Cold Trigger Finger
posted Hide Post
Kc9; Welcome to AR. Beautiful looking set up. And left handed . Cool.
Does the trigger guard come with the Boyd's stock ?

Phil Shoemaker : "I went to a .30-06 on a fine old Mauser action. That worked successfully for a few years until a wounded, vindictive brown bear taught me that precise bullet placement is not always possible in thick alders, at spitting distances and when time is measured in split seconds. Lucky to come out of that lesson alive, I decided to look for a more suitable rifle."

Posts: 1934 | Location: Eastern Central Alaska | Registered: 15 July 2014Reply With Quote