Find
Notify
Tools

TSA compliant .500 Gibbs
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted

Since we live in the unenlightened age of $10 an hour rent a cop TSA/Homeland Insecurity dolts This has some merrit...
Here we have the 505 Gibbs case with a .500 bullet next to the 500 MAX a .500 on a belted RUM case both TSA compliant to the letter if you can headstamp brass...(I think I might rename the 500 MAX to 500 KILL ALL)

Anyhoo just playing around with my cases and bullets and thought...hell whats 5 thou and you get cheap bullets!

the others are the 550 Gibbs case and the 577 BME

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
cheap bullets come out of a bullet mould. I can make the 780gr 550's for a dime apiece.

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok, what exactly does the TSA have to do with cartridge headstamping?

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
TSA wants you to have a .500 and smaller bullet unless exempt but some have had problems even with exempt status.

The problem is lack of common sense and low wages with the TSA.

500 Gibbs...just messing with some brass and bullets is all.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just for a bit of clarity on TSA.
The screeners wages start at closer to $15 an hour plus, depending upon location, a cost of living or location adjustment up to 25%.
The .50 cal problem is not the screeners fault, its the "highly intelligent" but firearm and ammunitiuon ignorant ones that write the SOP's that the screeners have to go by. Top that off by trying to get 35,000 screeners all doing it the same way and, presto! a problem.
If you think that the ammo issue is a problem just think of the TSA employees that can't drive on airport property, even on their own time, and have a gun in the trunk of their car unless they are properly packaged and they are actually going to fly. If they are found out they can be terminated from their job.
Yes, someone at the top is definately anti-gun.
Mad

Posts: 188 | Location: nc | Registered: 03 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ray Spencer
posted Hide Post
From first hand personal knowledge, the "TOP" is made up of former FAA officials whom were appointed into their positions. Most do not know their ass from a hole in the ground when safety and security is concerned. They have the worst "Good old boy" system I have ever seen. But I digress..... Dont get me started on the TSA. Been there and done that. I started with them when they started hiring in the summer of '02. Three years with that outfit was enough. You would not believe the abuses and neglegent (sic) behavior I have seen from the "Brass"at TSA.

Ray

Posts: 68 | Location: Caldwell, Id. | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote