THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM WILDCAT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Wildcats And Their Development    RCM and 375ruger cases, Anybody experiment.

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RCM and 375ruger cases, Anybody experiment.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is anybody working on a wildcat on these cases. If so what you working on. I think a 6.5 would be a flat shooter.

Posts: 524 | Location: S.E. Oregon | Registered: 27 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The 300RCM opened to 35cal. We call it the 358CRG as 3 of us went dibs on the reamer. Have reamer and headspace guages ... need to find the money to chamber and get custom dies.

I think wildcatters are perpetually poor, but the most optimistic of all shooters.
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Con:
The 300RCM opened to 35cal. We call it the 358CRG as 3 of us went dibs on the reamer. Have reamer and headspace guages ... need to find the money to chamber and get custom dies.

I think wildcatters are perpetually poor, but the most optimistic of all shooters.
Cheers...
Con

Con... How bout running a 23/64ths drill in some 300 rcm dies to not have the cost of custom dies?

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd anneal the dies first, if it was me Boomie!

Rich
Buff Killer

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
rec
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:
Con... How bout running a 23/64ths drill in some 300 rcm dies to not have the cost of custom dies?

That's exactly what we plan on doing ... may even try opening Hornady 300RCM dies and then gutting a 358Win die set for its sleeve etc... Just asset rich, cash poor at this very moment ... but this too shall pass!!
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote