Find
Notify
Tools

.423 wildcat - North Fork?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
The 400WSM has been done and I think it is the coolest.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For the Ruger and a wsm case, its fine by me if its been done before! Thats just a whole lot of power, and it really can't be all that common. I think I'd still like the basic profile of the 458 Alpine though, with the blown out, low taper and sharp shoulder to maximize powder capacity.

If you think every possible niche has been filled already, thank a wildcatter!

Posts: 2287 | Location: CO | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
I think using 50 beowulf reamer and dies using 375 ruger brass on a wsm donor is a brilliant idea. Limited mods to get to work and simple simple simple.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting...please explain a little more, I'm not very familiar with the 50 Beowulf. Is it a .500 like the 500 S&W? If so, I thought that would be a cool idea as well. Thats a big damn bullet going pretty fast! I'm guessing it would be very similar to the .50 B&M....but what I don't get is how that guys headspacing with a straight walled case with no shoulder or belt??

If you think every possible niche has been filled already, thank a wildcatter!

Posts: 2287 | Location: CO | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote