Find
Notify
Tools

375/450 No.2
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted
As the title suggests, what say you? Can't imagine it hasn't already been done. It would be a great round for a Ruger No.1, I suspect quick velocities with the long case and rimmed for single shots.

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
I thought the 375-450/400 was a cool idea to get magnum velocities and posted it on Butch Searcy's thread about a rimmed 375 Ruger but it fell on deaf ears ( or is that eyes )

Whatever floats yer boat.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted Hide Post
Well, I think the 450 No.2 gets near 450 Rigby or 460 velocities out of a No.1 I so, this would be near a 378 weatherby (I would guess?).

I like the idea that it's a round exclusive to these types of rifles. I'm imagining the round would be sleek and strong visually similar to a Vom Hoffe express.

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
378 velocities? Guess again, not in a double rifle IMO..YOur courting disaster...and who would want a bolt action in a rimmed cartridge and in a single shot you could use many existing std. factory rounds to duplicate what you are trying to do...Don't mean to rain on your parade but I believe what I am suggesting, however if it fills your heart with glee, then have at it, fun and games is what wildcatting is all about..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41973 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote